corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who's done big bike rides for Chairty?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's done big bike rides for Chairty?
Whittie

User status: Offline
3rd Nov 11 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walby?? Didn't you do one in may? How did you get on etc?

Got one coming up in April, not a big one but London to Paris, then a bigger one each year.

No idea how to train for it, atm just going out on all day rides on a sunday, and when I can fit it in time wise. No idea on what kind of pace I should be doing etc.

Any decent sites that tell you what pace / how much you should train etc?
Jay

3rd Nov 11 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interested in finding this out too, and some info on the actual rides, links etc for events?
Mad Moe

3rd Nov 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and a few friend are doing the Coast and Castles bike ride next April which is 205 miles over 3 days from Newcastle to Edinburgh.

Just started training and my method is simply try and go further every time I go out. Up to to about 30miles in one session now and have been quite surprised ith how easy I've found it, bearing in mind I wasn't the fittest bloke to begin with.
Mad Moe

3rd Nov 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Interested in finding this out too, and some info on the actual rides, links etc for events?

I found Sustrans a really useful website for planning our ride

[Edited on 03-11-2011 by Mad Moe]
Marc

3rd Nov 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Dad has done a few, plus Open Adventure. He cycles to work and goes to the gym.

He fell off at the start of Coast to Coast recently and broke his arm
Tom G

4th Nov 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gym wise- Spinning to build up conditioning also a bit of weight training for legs?

Cross training will also be good so still go running etc

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Who's done big bike rides for Chairty? 23 database queries in 0.0115750 seconds