corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pedal box

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author pedal box
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
11th Nov 11 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

un decided on this for a few reasons. mostly because the car is essentially a road car. it drives on normal roads mostly, and does the odd 1/4 mile now and again.

when did the track day at oulton park the brakes were massively over heating due to the speeds having to brake from. actually destroyed 3 week old rear shoes. so changed for discs on the back. now it has the problem of needing the bias more to the front obviously. which bias pedal box would solve, although so would just a simple in line bias adjuster.

so the pedal box would also split the fluid circuits stopping front or rear heating it all up. although non servo assisted on an every day car id imagine will become annoying.

cost also of re-doing all the brake lines in the car isnt going to be much different as id do them in braided lines either way. its something it could possibly do with, however as i mostly cover the miles just driving about, i, unsure wether its actually worth it for the couple of times a year it would be better having a pedal box over just an inline valve?

any views on people with pedal box fitted would be great, as in on the road and regular driving etc?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
11th Nov 11 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm planning to do it to mine although with more off-road use.

Depends how much of a problem the current set up is and whether an inline adjuster would do the trick. The latter being far cheaper and replacing the pedals.
Nic Barnes

11th Nov 11 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not a floor mounted one id go for it would use the original pedals as they are, it just mounts in place of the servo basically.

it would obviously have its uses, although i can see it annoying me along with several other things that already annoy me when stuck in town traffic is the only thing thats giving me concern
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Nov 11 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah same as I had in that rally shell I had -

Didn't finish it so I can't comment on how good it was.
Nic Barnes

11th Nov 11 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats the type yep.

guess i should consider whats best for the set up of the car and ignore the fact it will possibly annoy me having another heavy pedal like the clutch one is. or just not drive through traffic.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Nov 11 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would mean you can do more events.
sandyvxr

11th Nov 11 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was thinking of doing this in my astra, but how would i get round the electronic throttle?
Nic Barnes

11th Nov 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Would mean you can do more events.

thats true yeah. less likely to cook the brakes. as it really did at oulton park although hammering brakes on from 140mph for corners etc
gazza808

11th Nov 11 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had one and hates it tbh,
The brakes worked but felt like I was standing on a piece of wood,
I reverted back to servo assisted and a bias valve a lot more feel I thought imo
Nic Barnes

11th Nov 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats my problem with it i reckon. for the driving i actually do in the car, it serves no benefit and will only annoy me. for the times i would benefit from one, well they are going to be few and far between really. although, id still rather have whats better for the car and future set ups, than wimp out due to town driving......
sri boy

11th Nov 11 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was driving a tvr sagaris today that had a pedal box in it and no servo clutch was heavy as fuck and brakes were ok and felt very hard and unsure how hard to push them if its getting used as more a track car prob worth it but if still using daily is it worth it
gazza808

11th Nov 11 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The thing is, the way that pedal box fits, the ratios etc are all wrong, the pivot needs moving really, hence being a shite feel and pain in the arse, it's sort of making do with what's there.
If I was to do it again I'd get a proper floor mounted setup like obp sell irc.
Nic Barnes

12th Nov 11 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when they first started selling the floor mounted ones i had it saved in ebay. was about 300 complete. now theyre over 550 i think. then the brake lines are needed etc. its a costly business.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » pedal box 22 database queries in 0.0085139 seconds