corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Towing trailer ..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Towing trailer ..
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
16th Nov 11 at 03:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I passed my test 2010 so I have a B,B1,F,K,P licence I'm wanting to know if I can tow a trailer..

i have looked and I'm getting mixed reviews I have read some where I can tow upto 750kg as long as I don't exceed the 3500kg's combined weight trailer/car my car is an astra coupe 1.8 52 Reg

Any info would be a great help
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Nov 11 at 04:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is correct.

750kg regardless of the other weights.

Over 750kg so long as the convoy doesn't end up more than 3500kg and in addition the tow car must be heavier than the trailer.

Astra Coupe 1.8 can tow up to 1400kg but without +E you are limited to the weight of the car as it'll probably come in lighter than that, so I would guess 1300kg of car and luggage and a trailer of that less than that.

[Edited on 16-11-2011 by Ian]
ash-ov-boro

User status: Offline
16th Nov 11 at 04:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ian should of thought of asking you .. only going to be towing a few motorbikes and trailer is no more than 120kg

cheers fella
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Nov 11 at 04:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you'll be fine with that.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Towing trailer .. 22 database queries in 0.0098221 seconds