corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Thoughts on Cannon 1100D rebel T3

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thoughts on Cannon 1100D rebel T3
a_j_mair

User status: Offline
17th Nov 11 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have been looking into buying a proper camera for me and the missus, both complete begginers always just had a point and click digital.

Have been looking at the following, has some good reports and at a reasonable price

NEW CANON EOS REBEL T3 / 1100D DSLR CAMERA 18-55mm KIT

any thoughts on the above or recomendations of others to look at

How hard is it to learn to use/user friendly etc?

cheers

Marc

17th Nov 11 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked at the 1100D. At the time, other brands offered a better spec for around the same money. I looked at, a Nikon D3100 and a Sony A390. I liked the look of the Sony, the fact the other was a Canon, but the Nikon had the better spec.

I went for the Nikon:

http://www.jessops.com/online.store/products/78032/show.html

[Edited on 17-11-2011 by Marc]
a_j_mair

17th Nov 11 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you think of it?

Easy to get the hang of?
blebo

17th Nov 11 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you been looking at thi skit

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/eos-1100d-digital-slr-camera-with-18-55mm-f-3-5-5-6-lens-75-300-mm-f4-5-6-iii-lens-free-canon-100eg-deluxe-gadget-bag-11885901-pdt.html

I have been looking at it for about a week. Promotion runs out next wednesday. Seems a good price for two lenses and a bag as well
Marc

17th Nov 11 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair
what do you think of it?

Easy to get the hang of?

To be honest the Nikon and and Sony felt the most comfortable, although I still think the Sony looks better. Out of all the review and comparisons of the 3 the Nikon came out best.

http://www.snapsort.com is a really good side by side comparison website

I have only taken a few pics so far, all in the topped photos thread. I haven't even begun to look in to what it is capable of due to the fact I have never had an SLR/DSLR before so all the settings etc are quite baffling. Happy with what I have taken and I am sure they will all be a lot better once I start playing around with the settings.

Came with 18-55mm lens like most, although Jessops are now doing with an additional lens for a higher price.

I may get a macro lens eventually as that where I am finding lets it down.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Thoughts on Cannon 1100D rebel T3 23 database queries in 0.0080402 seconds