corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LED number plate bulbs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LED number plate bulbs?
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
22nd Nov 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Want rid of the dingy yellow bulb's and some white LED one's now I'm ordering some new plastic light housings are there all tarnished, but what bulbs have other's used that are bright enough to illuminate the numberplate?
thegsi

22nd Nov 11 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take your existing bulb out, measure it then search 'festoon led bulb **mm' on eBay. You'll get them from that.
AshWatson

22nd Nov 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its for the corsa c SRi it says you drive as under your name it wo'nt be festoon bulbs there capless 501's, ive fitted some to my C SRi CDTi, bought some like these at PVS :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-White-T10-9-SMD-LED-Wedge-Lights-Bulbs-168-194-501-/270836106421?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0f1704b5

hope this helps

SXI - Matt

22nd Nov 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah excellent there the ones thanks! Are they bright enough to light up the number plate with out looking dull?
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Nov 11 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah those'll do the job, bright too. My car acts strange with them tho and pulses them 10 times when I turn the car off
SXI - Matt

22nd Nov 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny you say that when i used a similier set on my old MCS they'd stay on all the time ever so dim and pulse to
AshWatson

22nd Nov 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Ah excellent there the ones thanks! Are they bright enough to light up the number plate with out looking dull?

no problem matey, and mine have a very slight blue tint to them, ice white i think there called ? sorta like the new BMW's you see about if you've seen em, and mine light up the plate and the floor clear as day under the plate
SXI - Matt

22nd Nov 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just this second ordered them should do the job perfect then
xa0s
Banned

23rd Nov 11 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my mates have been through tons of numberplate LED's, they all start flickering and then die after a few days/weeks/months.

In the end I went for some expensive ones off Ultra LED's for like £27. They've been OK so far...
woody1988

23rd Nov 11 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

led are always better than using smd in my opinion ive had 3 sets of led lights for my fiesta and only problems with the cheaper of the 3 sets where one went then few days after other went and when i bought the smd ones 1 didnt work after a week and other fell apart and only used them in my boot to light it up
_Allan_

23rd Nov 11 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
Me and my mates have been through tons of numberplate LED's, they all start flickering and then die after a few days/weeks/months.

In the end I went for some expensive ones off Ultra LED's for like £27. They've been OK so far...

All VAG cars? Generally need some suited to the 14.5v spikes.

http://store.42draftdesigns.com/145v-White-39mm-Fuse-Style-LED_p_32.html

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » LED number plate bulbs? 22 database queries in 0.0110760 seconds