corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting German TV for F1

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Getting German TV for F1
Stu_22

User status: Offline
24th Nov 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK so we all know if you want to watch the whole f1 season live you need sky unless we tune into the german RTL channel.

Has anyone done this and can put into simple terms. We have a spare dish and free sat decoder
Dom

24th Nov 11 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good thread over on the Overclockers.co.uk forums about pointing a dish at Astra 19.2E and getting RTL. B&Q were also doing a dish+box for £25 (iirc); the box is suppose to be a bit turd but it's worth it just for the dish alone.
CorsAsh

24th Nov 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just remember RTL is a Commercial channel and has huge breaks during the race. I often see more of Vettel advertising Head and Shoulders than I do in a Red Bull.

So don't get too excited about grabbing F1 coverage from over here. Having said that, it's still better than having to flick from BBC to Sky all the time.

Also, unless it's changed since I checked, Channel 5 is owned by RTL, and I can get that just fine over here with my UK STB and 30cm minidish. Just find the angle and elevation, give it some minor tweaking to get the signal strength up and you should be away.

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by CorsAsh]
Matty SRi

24th Nov 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not get a live stream online?
Dom

24th Nov 11 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
Can you not get a live stream online?

Possibly but it's not a reliable way to watch it nor will the quality be brilliant.
Stu_22

24th Nov 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will use 5 live commentary so will fill in ad break a bit

Cant see any online streaming work as soon as it gets to popular it will be shut down
JonnyJ

24th Nov 11 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stu_22
Will use 5 live commentary so will fill in ad break a bit

Cant see any online streaming work as soon as it gets to popular it will be shut down

Works for football, which is massively more popular than F1.
fred7

24th Nov 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
Just remember RTL is a Commercial channel and has huge breaks during the race. I often see more of Vettel advertising Head and Shoulders than I do in a Red Bull.

So don't get too excited about grabbing F1 coverage from over here. Having said that, it's still better than having to flick from BBC to Sky all the time.

Also, unless it's changed since I checked, Channel 5 is owned by RTL, and I can get that just fine over here with my UK STB and 30cm minidish. Just find the angle and elevation, give it some minor tweaking to get the signal strength up and you should be away.

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by CorsAsh]

Its button who advertises Head and Shoulders?? wouldnt bother with RTL ive got and its crap! i will msg u with a way if ya interested
Stu_22

24th Nov 11 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Good thread over on the Overclockers.co.uk forums about pointing a dish at Astra 19.2E and getting RTL. B&Q were also doing a dish+box for £25 (iirc); the box is suppose to be a bit turd but it's worth it just for the dish alone.

PERFECT thanks also further down the thread its seems ORF Austrian channel is the one to go for no add breaks
Stu_22

24th Nov 11 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your way then fred7 the pic is the same on every channel
fred7

24th Nov 11 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pm'ed you
fred7

24th Nov 11 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the pic is the same but if u only have 1 dish u gotta keep changing it all the time to get the uk channels again inless u have a motor. plus the breaks all the time and the commantary (spelling)
Gary
Premium Member

24th Nov 11 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mute and put 5 live on. Job done
noshua

24th Nov 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Forgot about this, cunts.
fred7

24th Nov 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Forgot about this, cunts.

?
noshua

24th Nov 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The BBC and Sky Sports will broadcast Formula 1 in the UK between 2012 and 2018 under a new rights deal.

BBC Sport will broadcast half the races live, as well as the qualifying and practice sessions from those races.
noshua

24th Nov 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh btw, good news; http://duncanblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/11/f1-sky-sports-to-make-dedicated-channel-available-for-freeview-customers-in-2012.html

Sky Sports are set to run a dedicated Formula One channel next season which will be available to Freeview customers for a monthly fee.

In a move aimed at appeasing frustrated British F1 fans following the unprecedented switch from terrestrial to pay-TV, I’m told that Sky will operate the package at a cost thought to be around £10-a-month.

The new channel will be included free of charge in Sky and Virgin Media packages.

EDIT: Actually, that'll probably be inclusive with the Sky Sports package(s).

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by noshua]
fred7

24th Nov 11 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ohh sorry miss read your post, thats good news avin a sky f1 channel
Dom

24th Nov 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
Oh btw, good news; http://duncanblog.dailymail.co.uk/2011/11/f1-sky-sports-to-make-dedicated-channel-available-for-freeview-customers-in-2012.html

Sky Sports are set to run a dedicated Formula One channel next season which will be available to Freeview customers for a monthly fee.

In a move aimed at appeasing frustrated British F1 fans following the unprecedented switch from terrestrial to pay-TV, I’m told that Sky will operate the package at a cost thought to be around £10-a-month.

The new channel will be included free of charge in Sky and Virgin Media packages.

EDIT: Actually, that'll probably be inclusive with the Sky Sports package(s).

[Edited on 24-11-2011 by noshua]

If it's anything like the F1 Digital channel was back in the days of Onigital (ie: decent coverage with multi angles/views) then i'm all for it; even better if it'll be included in my VM package.
Daveskater
Premium Member

24th Nov 11 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We don't get the sky sports channels, hopefully we'll get the f1 channel anyway. Will have to wait and see I suppose.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Stu_22

24th Nov 11 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you cancel it in Dec, Jan, and feb read the comments from the yanks moaning they have to pay

Well we in the UK make most of F1 so is it too much to ask for it for free

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Getting German TV for F1 23 database queries in 0.0190880 seconds