corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Beats By Dre

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Beats By Dre
Ben J

User status: Offline
27th Nov 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are they as good as people say?

Looking at some Solo HD's for Xmas.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231218089/Product.aspx

Worth it?
edd1.0

27th Nov 11 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im also looking at getting some , i know there good headphones but there also a fashion statement aswell , im torn between getting some beats or house of marley exudos , also urbanears are good headphones and half the price
mattk

27th Nov 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried 2 pairs of them that my mates have, good if you like that sort of music I think, I plugged my iPod into them and my classic rock / indie stuff sounded a bit muddy through them even after fiddling with my EQ for a while. Im willing to bet there are better out there for less, but arnt as "cool"

they did sound good with a bit of Dre comming out of them like, anything with alot of bass I can imagine being good

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by mattk]
DannyB
Premium Member

27th Nov 11 at 17:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say they were a fashion statement more than anything. I'm sure you could get equally good, if not better headphones for half that price or less.
Nath

27th Nov 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twats at my gym walk around with these on. Even if they are with their mates. Seems more like a fashion thing.
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they sound good, theres better out there for the money obviously but dont look as good. youre paying for the name because theyre in fashion, but i really want some!
Ben J

27th Nov 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't wear them to gym tbh. Not only would I look a cock but wouldn't want to get them sweaty lol.

I like them because they are meant to be really good, and they look awesome compared to other options.

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Ben J]
Jake

27th Nov 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sound quality is very good, bass could be better but other than that. i listened to turantula-pendulum at the time and no distortion

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Jake]
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried some with some swedish house mafia, sounded really good
Cavey

27th Nov 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got some in ear ones free with my sensation and got to say they sound excellent, not a touch of distortion on loudest, the phone is optimised with them tho.

Not sure I'd of paid 80odd or however much they are meant to be tho
Ben G

27th Nov 11 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate in work is always wearing them, saod they are brilliant
Matt L

27th Nov 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the ones that come with my phone and tbh i hate them sounds no different to my seinheisser ones other than they block out more noise but i cant stand the way they feel in my ear

cavey, any headphones you plug in get the beats profile and apparently they should have been around £130ish.
Half Pint

27th Nov 11 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tried a pair of in ear ones and they had too much bass, it all depends on what you listen too and what you want. prefer my seinheisers (SP)
Dom

27th Nov 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They aren't worth the cash as you can get a lot better for less. I agree with what a few have said, they are fashion.

Edit - Grado would be my choice but they probably aren't for all situations, i know Balling was saying they aren't too hot if you're using them on a flight (i've yet to try, usually use in-ears), but i haven't had any issues with the SR60s. Would recommend a decent headphone amp to get the best out of them though.

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Dom]
ed

27th Nov 11 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They're not great, I found them far too bass heavy and when I was messing around testing all the headphones in the shop I was in () there were much better ones for the same or less money...
LeeM

27th Nov 11 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep getting very tempted to buy some of these whenevr i see them or someone mentions them might treat myself to some for christmas
Sunz

27th Nov 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would say no.

They are comfortable but so are my £20 sennheisers.
The sound quality should be better for the price.

Basically a average set of headphones, with a big advert with someone famous and people go crazy and think they are the best ones ever made !

[Edited on 27-11-2011 by Sunz]
Ben-B

27th Nov 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

massively overated headphones for the money.

look at audiotechnica.
Generation

27th Nov 11 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look nicer than alot of headphones, I listen to around 2.5 hours of music everyday through headphones and my seinheiser ones do the job and they were around £30

Can't imagine them being THAT much better tbh
Tiger

27th Nov 11 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are very average I think, and I spend quite a bit of time in studios with bands. They are far better if you use them with a good quality headphone amp such as these that I use: http://bit.ly/rXcAis but with an ipod etc they just dont have the power to drive them resulting in poor quality reproduction.

These cans are £1800 http://bit.ly/thiFtI but represent the top end standard of headphone shizzle.

But these http://bit.ly/fN9XtP at £108 will be light years ahead of those Beats phones.
Dom

27th Nov 11 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh, get on Head-fi forums if you're serious about buying a decent pair of headphones.
Ben J

28th Nov 11 at 07:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm buying beats. They'll be more than good enough for me and look nice.

Those Grados might be the shizz but are fugly. And tbh I'm a brand whore.
csweatherston

28th Nov 11 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have in ear "diddy beats" they sound brilliant but fall out all the time - thus being usless for gym wear.
BYRON

28th Nov 11 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not impressed with mine tbh. Although there is plenty of clarity, it lacks some depth at times and is quite 'flat'.
They do look spot on though.
Balling
Premium Member

28th Nov 11 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I have read (have not tried them personally) the Beats have a huge potential. Much bigger than could be expected.

However, plugging them in to the jack of your phone / MP3 player is not using them to their full potential, and as such, there are better options for the same or less money.

As Dom, I'm a huge fan of the Grados, but while on the move and using a portable player I find I get better all-round results from my Philips around-ears (biking), AKG compacts (walking) or Shure closed backs (travelling).

However, if you want ONE headphone to suit all needs and also use them at home with a proper stereo and perhaps even a headphone amp, as Dom suggests, the Beats do seem like a very good choice.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Beats By Dre 23 database queries in 0.0140328 seconds