corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Whirlpool Baths

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Whirlpool Baths
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
4th Dec 11 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im in the process of changing my bathroom suite as its in need of bringing up to date. I have bought a white toilet and sink and just have a Bath left to find. I was just going to get a standard tub with a centre such as this one

but when looking for a few hundred quid more you can get a whirlpool one like this one
http://www.betterbathrooms.com/baths/straight-whirlpool-baths/quatro-1700-x-700-11-jet-whirlpool-bath/

I have never really been in one so not sure what they will be like, and also how tricky is it to fit and plumb compared to a normal bath? Also from an electrical side can i just take a connection from my upstairs ring main or would it need an isolated fuse like an electric shower?

Any help would be great
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Dec 11 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same to fit and plumb as they're normally self contained, just a bit less room around it but there's no more pipework as such to do.

You should isolate it but yeah any connection of that nature would be OK.
scottyp1989

5th Dec 11 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would need to be isolated same as shower.
John

5th Dec 11 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd check the quality before you buy it.

They also sell http://www.betterbathrooms.com/shower-cabins/ and from having one they are crap.

If the bath is the same sort of thing I'd avoid.
NovaGTE2

5th Dec 11 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'd check the quality before you buy it.

They also sell http://www.betterbathrooms.com/shower-cabins/ and from having one they are crap.

If the bath is the same sort of thing I'd avoid.

Thanks for the heads up; maybe will find somewhere local where i can see before i buy. I did see a lovely one in Bath Store yesterday but was around the £800 mark!

Will have to see about the electric tho i think, as the fuse box is full and if this is going to cause a large bill for wiring on top i cant see that its worth it!
Jimbothebarbarian

7th Dec 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had one in the past good at first but the novelty wears off sharpish.

Plus they're fucking right noisy it's like a industrial vacuum cleaner going full blast under the tub.

New Poll