corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » map shows every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author map shows every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010
Fonz
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Dec 11 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720

what i find interesting of the three closest speed cameras to me, two have had no incidents recorded, while the one that has, is placed half a mile further up the road...
Brett
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 13:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus, I remember everyone it has in my area I even know a girl personally who killed a rider (riders fault smoking it up the road). Crazy stuff.
mike56gte

5th Dec 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite sad when you see a friend and a member of your family as just a dot on a map.

its actually very accurate aswell.
Matt L

5th Dec 11 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats actually annoyed me we have a road that has at least 7 speed cameras (less than 2miles long as well) it is literally camera after camera and yet according to that site there has been no deaths oh and they are putting another one up now too.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True about becoming a statistic. My mates death is recorded there - More detailed notes than I expected too.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Nath

5th Dec 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two happened on the main road outside my estate. One was because there's a bus stop and instead of walking under the under pass some dumb ass walked around the front of the bus, and out into the road.
mike56gte

5th Dec 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
True about becoming a statistic. My mates death is recorded there - More detailed notes than I expected too.

didnt even realise you could click on them. just found my sisters one. pretty horrible tbh
pow
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's wrong. There was a lad who I knew (not very well) killed on a road near me and it isn't labeled
jibjob

5th Dec 11 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here Pow. Theres quite a few missing off our stretch of the M6 as well as theres been at least 10 deaths in the last 3 years that havent been listed.

[Edited on 05-12-2011 by jibjob]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Snap!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
DannyB
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of the 6 local to me 4 were motorbikes
Toby
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 14:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My mates death is recorded there - More detailed notes than I expected too.
bazzaa

5th Dec 11 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its marked the spot where one of the milkboys from my way got ran down and killed.
Tom

5th Dec 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's so many near me, lots involving old pedestrians and lots on bikes too (one was a friend of a friend aged 17 )
mwg

5th Dec 11 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 within about a 2 mile radius. Remember 3 of them.

One was a man went over a railway crossing and got hit by a train.
One was a teenage girl that was out with her mates and one of them had a motorbike. He was messing around, mounted the kerb, ran in to her and she hit her head on the kerb and died.
Another was a lad that was well known for going round like a nutter everywhere. Lost control, crashed and died.

There are a few on my route to work around one junction. All involve a HGV pulling out of a yard, crossing a busy dual carriageway and cars running in to the side of them. They are meant go a few miles down the road to the roundabout and turn round but they can't be bothered and end up killing someone instead. Last one there was only in 2009.
Bonney

5th Dec 11 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is 1 missing from near me, One car and a bus on new years day a few years back, Was about 8am in the morning.

The bikers on the map I knew 3 of them, Can remember the scenes very well, Something that sticks in your mind all the time.
mattant

5th Dec 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
thats actually annoyed me we have a road that has at least 7 speed cameras (less than 2miles long as well) it is literally camera after camera and yet according to that site there has been no deaths oh and they are putting another one up now too.

Must be working then
Eck
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 17:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:

didnt even realise you could click on them. just found my sisters one. pretty horrible tbh

Dude

It's quite a morbid thing like Knew before I clicked on all of them what it was going to be! Guy who was run down by my school bus still has football tops there 8 years later!
AlexW

5th Dec 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This shows more than deaths...
http://map.itoworld.com/road-casualties-uk#

Nath

5th Dec 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mike56gte
quote:

Ricky352

5th Dec 11 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good link!
Jed D

5th Dec 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fonz

what i find interesting of the three closest speed cameras to me, two have had no incidents recorded, while the one that has, is placed half a mile further up the road...

durham is the only city in the UK that doesnt have ANY fixed speed cameras yet we have a very low death rate
fact
Nath

5th Dec 11 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jed D
quote:
Originally posted by Fonz

durham is the only city in the UK that doesnt have ANY fixed speed cameras yet we have a very low death rate
fact

Must be on a technicality as MK doesn't.
BeetleGav

5th Dec 11 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bloody hell, theres 14 on a single road near me.
Ojc

5th Dec 11 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be the majority of accidents OAPs are involved locally

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » map shows every death on every road in Great Britain 1999-2010 23 database queries in 0.0186810 seconds