corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quote

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author quote
xa0s
Banned

User status: Offline
9th Dec 11 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whats that quote, goes something like

you're half way to becoming a millionaire when you don't think it's an impossible task to become one

or something like that

i cant remember who said it, but its been bugging me
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 00:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Believe you can, and you're halfway there" Theodore Roosevelt
xa0s
Banned

9th Dec 11 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
"Believe you can, and you're halfway there" Theodore Roosevelt

close but it defo aint it, it was about being rich or a millionaire, maybe entrepreneur related
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 01:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just Google'd something about being half way.

For the record it's probably a lie

I've got loads on FB -

"Youth is wasted on the young."

"I mean, my dad's got five kids ... he hates drivin' a bus, but he loves five kids."

"If you need five cents don't ask for three, ask for ten."

"You learn in this business. If you want a friend, get a dog."

"A groove. Well a groove is the coordination of different rhythms. A lot of what we hear today has a beat. Now don't confuse a beat with a groove, because a beat is actually one moment in the life of a groove."

"I call it the seven meeting rule. Sometimes, when you're trying to get people to do difficult things, don't try to get them to say yes, try to get them not to say no. And go to seven meetings. By the time you go to seven meetings, you've got a relationship, they go 'oh this guy, you know, we like him, lets see if we can do something for him.'"

"One, you should avoid hiring assholes when you can, two more importantly, you shouldn't allow people to get away with it and three, maybe you should have just one asshole in your organisation because when you've got one person that's the oddball, everybody else is better because they see how not to behave."

"How do you take the invisible and make it visible. How do you take what you're dreaming of and make it happen. The defining factor is never resources, its resourcefulness."

"An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea."

"He is able who thinks he is able."

"You're driving down the road and you see a cow, and you keep driving. 'Cos you've seen cows before. Cows are invisible. Cows are boring. Who's going to stop and pull over and say 'Oh! Look! A cow!'? Nobody."

"A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker."

"I never see what has been done; I only see what remains to be done."

"In the sky, there is no distinction of east and west"

"Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." (aka the Buddha 'party-on' quote)

"Knowledge is knowing a Tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad."

"We're here for a good time, not for a long time."

"Life is like photography, use the negative to develop the positive"

"Show me a shop assistant with ambition and I will show you someone who will change the world - show me a genius with no ambition and I will show you a shop assistant"

"The important thing in business, you have to be your biggest competitor. Not somebody else to compete with you, but you have to compete with yourself. If you have a product which is very successful, you have to think immediately ‘what is the next one? How can I do it better?’"

"It tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion that the sun's apparent position relative to arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality"
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Dec 11 at 01:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you search on them you should get authors for all of them.

Some are quotes from interviews etc. but they'll probably be transcribed.
p

9th Dec 11 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by xa0s
whats that quote, goes something like

you're half way to becoming a millionaire when you don't think it's an impossible task to become one

or something like that

i cant remember who said it, but its been bugging me

No idea,

I'm quite liking, "there but for the grace of god go I" at the moment.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » quote 22 database queries in 0.0105181 seconds