corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » speeding

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author speeding
FAZ
Premium Member

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 11 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how long after the event do they have to contact you? its been 36 days since I weas caught, was
under the impression it was within 28 days?

i was doing double the speed limit, so expect a ban / fines / points, the whole shibang, but i need the car for work to earn money for food as my student loan only just covers my rent

any advice appreciated

i did make a thread a bit ago about this but cant find it

ta x
johnhara1

24th Dec 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iirc as long as they've sent the ticket out with the correct time period, it doesn't matter if it takes months to go to you, you're still buggered.

Just got to wait and see. Sometimes the static cameras flash but don't have film in them so don't actually record etc so you may get away with it.

XE Col
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14 days to send you a letter of intended prosecution iirc, then 6 months after that to send you the points/ban/court etc... If you get nothing at all in the 1st 14 days it all ok iirc... Someone may confirm
Jed D

24th Dec 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not quite the same but if it makes you feel any better i got 3 points for something else that they forgot to actually put on my licence
FAZ
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was 36 days and i was sat in a police van for 20mins, so no static camera involved
danbo

24th Dec 11 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stupid question but point last 3 years right and come off your licence actual after 4 years does that mean you then no longer have to state for insurance purposes etc as you have a clean licence?
corsadonk
Premium Member

24th Dec 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dando, it's five years till you don't need to tell the insurance.

How was it left, after being in the cop car Faz? If it was major like you said, I'd say you'll get a court summons, out of the blue. I had one before because I didn't produes my insurance doc, after falling off my 125.
FAZ
Premium Member

25th Dec 11 at 00:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it took 36 days for the court letter to reach my doorstep and the court
appearence is jan 23rd

read on the net 30mph over the limit is most likely an instant ban

but that will result in me losing my job and force me to quit uni as a job transfer cant be done ( i work at a franchasised out place)
wayne fox

25th Dec 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i done six month ban 2 year ago and it a years mate hope you dont get 1
grubz172

25th Dec 11 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can give a good enough reason they will give you a larger fine and no ban, you normally have to have a job where it involves actually driving and they only do this if its not much over the speed limit. i got banned for doing 35 in a 30 for 6 months but i had 9 points already, i told them i needed license to get to work they basically told me to get a bus.
thomson

25th Dec 11 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ same thing with me but i got banned for a month and a small fine. said i needed my liscence for my job which i do.

my points should be off now i think.
FAZ
Premium Member

25th Dec 11 at 13:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i need to travel 100 miles each weekend for work, otherwise i cant eat and i will lose my job if i cant get to wrk, i.e. my 4am starts (no buses etc)
FAZ
Premium Member

25th Dec 11 at 13:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will also be forced to quit uni if i couldnbt work, as i cn only just afford rent on my student loan, after a slight mishap with a previous landlord, also wher eid end up living is out the way of public transport, so may have to resort to job seekers / benmefits, even though im able bodied and generally enjopy work
corsa-vxr

25th Dec 11 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

explain that to your lawyer good chance they will fine u and give you 9points i expected a ban for my crash at beginning of year was finally at court 3week ago even my lawyer said i wer gettin banned walked out with 6points and 540quid fine he told them i need car for work
XE Col
Premium Member

26th Dec 11 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly different if it's no static camera mate I'm afraid, if you get pulled, your notice of intended prosecution is given to you there and then, they then have 6months to give you a court date or points etc.
You just have to go and plead your case, it's down to the judge to ban/give points not the police, so it's down to you to make a plead to him/her.

New Poll