corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Pricers Arden Blue 2.0 16v GSI Sport on Weber carbs and kent cams

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pricers Arden Blue 2.0 16v GSI Sport on Weber carbs and kent cams
harvey_1066

User status: Offline
31st Dec 11 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi peeps, i havent made a real introduction on this site iv just seen surfing it and advertising wanted and sale adverts so here goes, my names Harvey im 21, 22 in February. this is my fourth corsa iv owned, first one i ran into the ground then scrapped it, second i split for bits, third i bought to sell, also owned a classic mini that i did up and sold, a mk1 caddy pickup that i sold not long ago, and now own a series 1 land rover, series 3 land rover, rotten jaguar xjs V12, and this is my 4th corsa it started life as a lovely standard one previous owner 2000 plate corsa 1.4 16v completely standard but it couldnt stay like that for long .

then i got some different wheels cavalier slabs, coilovers on the front and coilover springs on the back with stiffened shocks on the rear to, and then sourced a GSI kit, mate a mate to make me a bonnet, sourced some morette headlights, sourced some rare MHW rear lights, and with it being a 1.4 16v i sourced a power box inlet to go on the engine and with a de-cat and stainless centre and back box it made 106.2 on dyno with readout and then got it all sprayed up and it looked like this.

then got bored of the power, and i already in the shed had a 2.0 16v redtop that i sourced a few years ago and collected bits and this is it with it fitted

and this is what iv been collecting for it next im planning on putting twin dellorto 45 carburettors on it along with Kent Cam AST 1612 cams which are mild road cams as i dont want to re-build the bottom end just yet, as anything more than these cams and i need pocketed pistons, they can be sourced in a few years time, also im going to get my late type XE head to be ported and polishedas they have larger ports than the coscast heads and can do the porous mod at the same time which with the non coscast type heads sometimes have a problem with, also i'l source some ARP rod bolts as i wont be running a limiter so a bit more protection for the engine will be nice, and thanks to Pushrod King on here i now have a facet redtop pump and a Filter King regulator ready to start my fuel system, just need to source a swirl pot and get some braided fuel hose off ebay then the fuel system is complete. and some Late type square toothed vernier pulleys. and planning on getting a John Ashley 2.5 inch bore exhaust manifold and i can get a 308 grade stainless 2.5 inch bore exhaust system aswell of someone on another forum not far from me aswell.

here are photos of what i have so far,

kent AST 1612

poly bushed rear beam with whiteline rear anti roll bar which has now been installed.

and my twin 45 dellorto carbs and cams mocked up on my coscast head that iv now sold.

and here is the pump and regulator not the best photo but you get the idea

thats it for now, sorry for the amount of photos

[Edited on 31-12-2011 by harvey_1066]

[Edited on 30-05-2012 by harvey_1066]

[Edited on 30-05-2012 by harvey_1066]
Adster

31st Dec 11 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to finally see your project on here mate following this project on facebook haha

[Edited on 31-12-2011 by Adster]
harvey_1066

31st Dec 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha yea thought i might aswell, theirs a full project thread of it on Corsa-b though by the way.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

31st Dec 11 at 18:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great work Harvey!

The car looks mean as foook!

Great work on the engine by the looks of it too!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Kieran
Premium Member

31st Dec 11 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Front end looks mean! Looks great!
AshWatson

31st Dec 11 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the look of it especially from the front
harvey_1066

31st Dec 11 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys,
kev
Organiser: North East
Premium Member

1st Jan 12 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've Sourced alot of parts!
Looks very mean from the front

Looks nice in the fan blades

Any more plains for the outside of the car?
harvey_1066

1st Jan 12 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea im not to sure about the fan blades now tho as i'l be running a 2.5 inch exhaust system so i'l need the space under the car, so im thinking of getting 16's and lifting her a little on the coilovers to suit aswell, as i have to drive it on back roads and i catch the manifold as it is let' alone it being a 2.5 inch one.
harvey_1066

1st Jan 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought myself a summer toy for this year aswell as my corsa when its finished lol but here it is, this is not my bike as its still at my mates place but this is the same bike but one of google, its a kawasaki kx 250 2-stroke. and believe me it will pull the end off your knob. lol

[Edited on 01-01-2012 by harvey_1066]
Linch

1st Jan 12 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks well that, arden gsi reps look amazing.
nick_sri

1st Jan 12 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harvey_1066
bought myself a summer toy for this year aswell as my corsa when its finished lol but here it is, this is not my bike as its still at my mates place but this is the same bike but one of google, its a kawasaki kx 250 2-stroke. and believe me it will pull the end off your knob. lol

[Edited on 01-01-2012 by harvey_1066]

a mate has a kx 250, fucking scary first time full throttle trying not come of the back
harvey_1066

1st Jan 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea its an ANIMAL just need to know how to tame it now
D0NN3R

1st Jan 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Linch
Looks well that, arden gsi reps look amazing.
Pridzz

1st Jan 12 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes me want another Corsa - Think its time to sell the ClioSport!
harvey_1066

1st Jan 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hehe cheers guys appreciate it
Adster

2nd Jan 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harvey_1066
haha yea thought i might aswell, theirs a full project thread of it on Corsa-b though by the way.

Yeh i remember following it when i used to go on there
harvey_1066

10th Jan 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought this bracket yesterday for mounting my pump and filter on so its neat and tidy in my boot,

harvey_1066

10th Jan 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and also went to get this bad boy last night, 308 stainless steel 2.5 inch bore exhaust system, just need to get a manifold to go with it. photos will be up later, still need to get it out the car as it was to late when i came back last night as couldnt see what i was doing.
harvey_1066

10th Jan 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christopher

10th Jan 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:O That looks great harvey! get it fitted and get some vids up
harvey_1066

10th Jan 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure if it'l fit to my current XE manifold, but i'l have a look iv got a spare in the shed, but i really want to get a John Ashley performance manifold thats got a 2.5 inch bore so its a straight fit, one of these i was thinking the white one,

Christopher

10th Jan 12 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally think black Get a video up as soon as its fitted
Dan295

10th Jan 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the white one is probably ceramic coated.

nonetheless car looks awesome, im not a fan of fanblades but it still looks sweet
harvey_1066

10th Jan 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i smashed another inner CV joint today, so think its time to upgrade to 16's and lift the car on the coilovers a bit, plus look at trying to lift the gearbox up slightly :/ third one its done now since its been made.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Pricers Arden Blue 2.0 16v GSI Sport on Weber carbs and kent cams 24 database queries in 0.0188651 seconds