corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Sony Alpha NEX-5

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sony Alpha NEX-5
chloe16v

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 12 at 14:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone got this camera? could some one please recommend a lens for it please, i only want a cheap one
andy1868

4th Jan 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After having a quick look on camerapricebuster.co.uk the cheapest lens seems to be the 16mm when bought on its own.

However if you're buying with the camera, the difference between the 16mm and the 18-55mm is very little (£16 or so.) The 18-55 would be a better all rounder because it can zoom where the 16mm is fixed at a wide angle. The advantage to the 16mm is the advantage of being used in lower light, but i know i'd get annoyed with the field of view. The other advantage is that its smaller.

Also, if you are just looking for lenses make sure you are looking at E mount lenses. Sony also make A mount lenses but these won't fit on the NEX without an adapter The A mount lenses may be cheaper but the adapters are about £150 so factor that into your decision
Matty W

4th Jan 12 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have the NEX-3, same lense mount. there are 3 lenses available for the nex series at the moment and there all uber-expensive, but adapters are available to fit nearly any lense imaginable. ive just bought a nex-praktica adapter to use with some old slr praktica lenses for £22 off ebay.

also looking at buying a fujian tv lense with nex adapter. gives these kinds of results ( not bad for £24 )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtLhFnQnjsM&feature=related

the only downside to attatching these lenses is the loss of autofocus, but there are options in the camera menu, select to be able to shoot without lense and select manual focus ( turn assist off )

[Edited on 04-01-2012 by music1990]
chloe16v

4th Jan 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couldnt get hold of a lens to fit it before the weekend so bought a new canon 500d with twin lens kit dont know whether to try and send the camera back or buy an adapter for it
Matty W

5th Jan 12 at 02:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

buy the eos-nex adapter and have a play around. theyre cheap enough. nex is an ace bit of kit, brill for quick photo ops and not having to carry round a massive lump of dslr.
new firmware updates make it just as pro as a dslr aswell. love mine

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » Sony Alpha NEX-5 23 database queries in 0.0069089 seconds