corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who's been to a GP weekend before?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who's been to a GP weekend before?
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
4th Jan 12 at 17:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love F1, and every year I've said to myself "I need to go to a GP next year..." and it never really happens.

I think it's mainly because I'll never get better coverage than being sat on my arse at home watching the telly and reading the various news updates/gossip on the internetz.

Somebody at work has asked if I fancy Monza this year, and I'm seriously tempted.

Problem is, we want to get this booked pretty quickly as Monza is likely to be one of the sellout venues - which means lumping out the cash pretty quickly... which makes me nervous.

We're looking at ~ £600 ea to cover flights to Milan, coach to hotel, hotel room and grandstand tickets on the first chicane for fri/sat/sun and then flying home on monday.

I can afford the £600... but I've got a pretty long list of things I want to spend £600 on this year, not least some toys for the car which'll have to be backburnered

I read everywhere that the noise, smell and the atmosphere makes these events - and that's making me think the £600 will be worth it over a weekend on my arse at home, but I'm sure the CS crowd have got an opinion on that they'd like to share

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Nath

4th Jan 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Russ and Kerry have been to Silverstone.

My Dad has been to a few, all be it back in the day. He used to road trip it.
JonnyJ

4th Jan 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went in 1998 and 99 to Silverstone. It was AWESOME and i imagine Monza would be even more epic due to how much the sport means to the fans over there. Do it. You wont regret it.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 18:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great weekend wherever it is.

Qualifying is the best day for me. As you've said though, the atmosphere makes it.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagine Monza would be mental. Silverstone is a great weekend, done 2 in the last 3 years, if you get sun, you're laughing, if you get rain, it can really make it miserable.

We got lucky and got into the paddock and got to meet all the drivers famous people etc
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the 'Tifosi' are supposed to be mental... wonder if I could dig up an Alonso McLaren T-Shirt for if/when I go

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

4th Jan 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Absolutely HAULED it down when we went in 1998, fucking wind blowing rain into the stand at Becketts too

Didnt spoil it too much although obviously I'd have preferred sun!
andys sxi
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me and my girlfriends dad wants to go to silverstone any idea wheres best to book the tickets?

April 08 feature car
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://c20xe.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=609564&page=1
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

We got lucky and got into the paddock and got to meet all the drivers famous people etc

I remember seeing the pics actually, looked amazing - I was well jealous

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all down to you Kyle T
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 18:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know... and not even an invite to kiss the back of Lewis Hamiltons head while he was signing his autograph

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we were gonna invite you to the wedding at one point
You even made the 1st draft of my speech
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
You even made the 1st draft of my speech

no way. That's the closest I think I'll ever get

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

4th Jan 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just do it Kyle. Toys for the car can be bought any year, and bring short term joy. Doing Monza will give you memories that will last a lifetime
Kyle T
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Just do it Kyle. Toys for the car can be bought any year, and bring short term joy. Doing Monza will give you memories that will last a lifetime

I think that's the way I'm leaning

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 19:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going MotoGP, we always have a hospitality box for F1 couldn't go last year as was at mates wedding but fingers crossed I'll be there this year!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Toby
Premium Member

4th Jan 12 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Absolutely HAULED it down when we went in 1998, fucking wind blowing rain into the stand at Becketts too

Didnt spoil it too much although obviously I'd have preferred sun!

Yeah I went absolutely immense weekend would go again but its a lot of money
Matt L

4th Jan 12 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went to silverstone last year and met russ and kerry who are arguably more famous than any gp drivers... all in all it was an epic weekend despite the rain.

want to do another one, would love to do monaco tbh but thats just silly expensive.
Stu_22

4th Jan 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to the Silverstone Race where it chucked it down and schuie one in the pits

The cheer that went round the track when Hakinen span off was great

Need comentry though as it impossible to now whats going on just watching a small bit of the track
Russ

4th Jan 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Loads of TV's at silverstone now
AK

4th Jan 12 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to the first F1 race at Singapore....

Spent most of the 3 days there watching the porsche and aston support races along with the F1. Got blootered during qualifying, left the track at around 11pm and onto ministry of sound.... home at about 9am for a few hours kip and REPEAT
Cole

4th Jan 12 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went in 2009 to silverstone best weekend ive ever had tbh not been able to repeat it since though hope to go for my stag do next yr
LeeM

5th Jan 12 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and my dad ended up in Spain during the valencia gp last year, we were gonna go but it was 2 hours on a train then a bus journey and we knew we'd end up lost but the ideas stuck so we may do it this year
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Jan 12 at 11:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Flights booked, going to sort a block of grandstand seats at the weekend when we've confirmed numbers

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who's been to a GP weekend before? 23 database queries in 0.0127439 seconds