corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Erm Advise please re selling a car on ebay...(cars gone to poland)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Erm Advise please re selling a car on ebay...(cars gone to poland)
Mattb

User status: Offline
11th Jan 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quicky - selling a car on ebay with a classified ad with best offer..

had two offers within 30 mins of listing one at full asking and one just below - obviously they havent viewed it etc - if accept the offer will that then end the ad and then be binding (ie they are committed to buy?)

Cheers for the help

[Edited on 11-01-2012 by Mattb]

[Edited on 14-01-2012 by Mattb]
antnee

11th Jan 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. (I think)
john_redtop

11th Jan 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I've did best offer when buying something and it commints me I have to buy it so your answer is yes
Twiggy

11th Jan 12 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mattb
and then be binding (ie they are committed to buy?)

yes but no.
mattant

11th Jan 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but if they don't want it they'll just find something and say, "you never mentioned this" and they won't have to pay as it's not as described
Mattb

11th Jan 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've accepted the offer - tis WELL dodgy imo!

Dude is registered as being in both poland and the midlands.. said hes going to book a flight into luton on Sat. Aked if i would pick him up from the airport.. I have said no - come meet me at work!

Well if he doesnt turn up at least i can get my fees back and relist
Anty
Premium Member

11th Jan 12 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got offerd, less for my car, but manged to sell it via gumtree, best time to post on there, is friday night ready for Sat.. i did, and it sold.
DAZ1985

11th Jan 12 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I normally email them in that case and say I accept your offer but arrange for them to view the car. I'm quiet sure as soon as a buy it now is in place eBay take the fees. It's then a pain in the arse when the seller turns up and wastes your time because you forgot to mention a stone chip or small dent.

I had it once when selling a landrover, guy pressed buy it now and openly admitted he had 2 other landrovers to look at that day and was picking out of 3. Looked at his feedback which was all positive, but with negative comments
M2RTY

11th Jan 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DONT auto accept offers either or auto decline

manually manage them, so you can counteroffer (cant do this if ebay declines for you automatically) and you dont end the listing to some nigerian with 0 feedback

i have 2 cars on at the moment, start the prices high and knock them down a bit every few days
Toby
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would deffo ask for a paypal deposit of some description if only £50 to cover the fee's as chances are they wont be recouped if he tries to do you over
richc

12th Jan 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As M2RTY said manually manage them. When selling my old 200 tdi disco (been though water, quarrys, and general pay and play so it was shagged aesthetically). I didnt hide the fact though and when listing showed pics of it driving through ponds and at pay and play sites.

I come home from work to find someone had clicked buy it now for the ad price. I had not recieved any message asking any questions prior to this just a bloke from portsmouth phoning me after with a load of questions.

Anyway he turns up and says its rough and needs the dents pulling out of the wing (which it showed in the pic and its the least of his worries as the car was hand painted with dulux ) , the seat belt isnt working correctly (which i listed - it would only pull out at 70% of what its capable of) and he said well i cant drive home 200 miles with it like that and wouldnt buy it. He was so small yet so fat the belt wouldnt reach. He still wanted to drive it though back to the train station station though to see what it was like. He moaned that he had insured it now, and will have to pay 90 quid to get back and there wasnt a train for 4 hours and all this shit. In the end i chucked him out somewhere near, and did one. He cost me the listing fee. Luckily i had loads of people enquiring so emailed them and eventually one of them bought it.

He was a complete wierdo and i could tell he was looking for an excuse. He just got in the car and the station (when i picked him up) and he didnt even say anything he just got in and sat there

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by richc]
Mattb

14th Jan 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well as dodgy as it seemed, the guy turned up today as promised, straight off the plane from Poland, with Cash and took the car no fuss.... im still slightly in shock that it all went so well.. for once a decent genuine ebayer...
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Jan 12 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More luck than me, no interest on my dodgy Puma.
Jake

14th Jan 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
As M2RTY said manually manage them. When selling my old 200 tdi disco (been though water, quarrys, and general pay and play so it was shagged aesthetically). I didnt hide the fact though and when listing showed pics of it driving through ponds and at pay and play sites.

I come home from work to find someone had clicked buy it now for the ad price. I had not recieved any message asking any questions prior to this just a bloke from portsmouth phoning me after with a load of questions.

Anyway he turns up and says its rough and needs the dents pulling out of the wing (which it showed in the pic and its the least of his worries as the car was hand painted with dulux ) , the seat belt isnt working correctly (which i listed - it would only pull out at 70% of what its capable of) and he said well i cant drive home 200 miles with it like that and wouldnt buy it. He was so small yet so fat the belt wouldnt reach. He still wanted to drive it though back to the train station station though to see what it was like. He moaned that he had insured it now, and will have to pay 90 quid to get back and there wasnt a train for 4 hours and all this shit. In the end i chucked him out somewhere near, and did one. He cost me the listing fee. Luckily i had loads of people enquiring so emailed them and eventually one of them bought it.

He was a complete wierdo and i could tell he was looking for an excuse. He just got in the car and the station (when i picked him up) and he didnt even say anything he just got in and sat there

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by richc]

i came across my first ebay weirdo when i was selling a car on there. he said he would buy it so i got the v5 from the next room, came back and said "sorry....i cant do it, i just cant do it" then said ok i will drop you back, walked outside and as i moved the car back he said "sod it, i will have it" went back in the house and he done exactly the same thing again. was well pissed off with him and driving him back i didnt say a word to him and as he got out he stuttered "im sorry" as if he was going to start crying. then tried offering me 800 below the asking price a week later after telling me he couldnt get insured on it.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
14th Jan 12 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate everything about selling things.

Never would I even dream of wasting someone's time to that degree. Longest I've ever taken to buy a car is about half an hour at the outside and that includes loading on to a trailer most of the time.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

14th Jan 12 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a load of pilled up Lithuanians turn up at my house at 1am to pick up an eBay Skoda I was selling. Fucking dodgy that

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
--ToM--

14th Jan 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
I had a load of pilled up Lithuanians turn up at my house at 1am to pick up an eBay Skoda I was selling. Fucking dodgy that

foreigners are the best reminds me of my mate who bought a S re golf tdi off a lithuanian he wanted 900 quid for it spoke no english hardly at all and had no consept of english currency my mate blagged him signed log book told him he had to keep it and post it to make sure it got into his name handed over £400 the guy was nodding lots of yaaa yaaa yaa yaaa shook hands and went lol
Anty
Premium Member

14th Jan 12 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had someone buy a car off me few years ago, rover 214, sold for 600ish quid.. they said they never had a problem with buying in the dark..lol down side it was water damaged, managed to dry it out, over load it with neutradol .. lol

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Erm Advise please re selling a car on ebay...(cars gone to poland) 23 database queries in 0.0939031 seconds