corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » New Shoot ive been working on....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Shoot ive been working on....
will_ainsworth

User status: Offline
17th Jan 12 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well here is a few images (ill be adding more as i edit them) from a shoot I have been putting together for a month or two now. First time ive really spent alot of time planning, and if im honest my first 'real' Fashion shoot using a team.

Ill go into a bit of detail instead of my usual just posting pics...

Team:
Myself - Photographer,
1x assistant for lighting, 1x Makeup artist, 1x male model, 1x female model, 1x stylist.

Plan was to shoot a project for uni, i wanted to base it on fashion, in the winter season, showing a couple. its based quite alot on the mario testino burberry campaign winter 2008

I managed to get hold of clothing from julien macdonald a designer i have worked for at fashion week for the last few years. hes one of the a list designers i guess you could say, so it was a privilege for me!

The female model is also the face of Paul Smith amongst other things, and she is juliens inhouse model, so the clothing fitted perfectly as they have been designed around her.

Location: battersea park, had to get appropriate licenses and permissions, including public liability of over 5 million gbp. (must of thought i would blow the place up, how anyone can do that much damage is beyond me!

lighting: sun to left big reflector to right and 120cm octobox to the right quite frontal.

equipment: canon 5dmk2, 24-70 2.8 lens, manfrotto tripod, bessel octobox, bowens travelpak and 500pro head. cactus v5 transmitters, tethered to macbook pro.

anyway really enjoyed it. and here is some of the images i have edited so far.

Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 13:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last one seems like too much bloom from the sunlight behind?
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh know what you mean steve, thats kinda why i chose it tho, bit different, but still not decided if its something i like or hate.
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also never heard of it being called bloom...
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno what the correct terms is i though that sounded ok

think its called that in gaming

[Edited on 17-01-2012 by Steve]
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, do you mean behind the males head?
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah and kinda on the side of hers
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh ok, i know what you mean now! ill make sure i use the word bloom in my write up ha!
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i shot this one, the sun was pretty much right behind his head. but didnt have time to move locations, thought it would be arty, still not sure tho, as i love the lighting in the first pic.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Jan 12 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok m8 no beef, they are nice pics anyway
Matt L

17th Jan 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry will not keen on any of these if im honest all look blown to buggery (suppose that was intended but doesnt do it for me)
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
17th Jan 12 at 17:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the blown look works well because it's only really affecting the background.
will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for your views, its meant to be very blown out, its to give a cold wintery vibe, had to work with alot of natural light that day, more than i had hoped for, but i do like it. as i mentioned above, my main inspiration was from a mario testino shoot for burberry so i was trying to reinact the lighting...

will_ainsworth

17th Jan 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I think the blown look works well because it's only really affecting the background.

exactly!
Adam_B

17th Jan 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They look awesome Will, first thing I thought was Testino!
will_ainsworth

18th Jan 12 at 04:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another
Matt L

18th Jan 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this could be just the works monitor but the blacks are too dark and show no detail.

the last one is best.
Jenko_Sport

23rd Jan 12 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some really good images here mate.

Only thing id say is with them being fashion images that really its all about the clothing so designers would more than likely be wanting colour rather than black and white.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » New Shoot ive been working on.... 23 database queries in 0.0078111 seconds