corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » peugeot 179 a month is it worth doing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author peugeot 179 a month is it worth doing
jas-tec

User status: Offline
19th Jan 12 at 10:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://dealer.peugeot.co.uk/perrys-aylesbury/new-vehicles/new-car-offers/peugeot-207/peugeot-207 is it worth doing can afford it is it a good deal

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by jas-tec]
ed

19th Jan 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine has just signed up for it. Seems like a good enough deal to me.
Ben G

19th Jan 12 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you have to ask, you can't afford it
Brett
Premium Member

19th Jan 12 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wow, that's decent.
richc

19th Jan 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Ojc

19th Jan 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very very good
M2RTY

19th Jan 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc
quote:

why?

I can easily afford, say, a £500 tv

I see 4 TVs on offer, compare them all, by asking if each is worth it or not or if there is a better alternative

Theres a difference between value for money (i.e "the best deal") and being able to afford it

Just 'cos you can afford it does not mean its a good deal

[Edited on 19-01-2012 by M2RTY]
Ben G

19th Jan 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

caught a bigg'un
M2RTY

19th Jan 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

info...

Having just read through Peugoet's website, I'm slightly baffled at how they've managed to market such a wobbly deal quite honestly. If you opt for a modest base-spec 207, you pay an initial rental of just over £1500, then monthly rental of £179. At the end of the deal, you can hand it back - and presumably find out how picky your friendly local dealer is when it comes to the dreaded vehicle inspection and excess charges - or you opt to KEEP - but not OWN - the car. This entails paying what Peugeot consider the car to be worth - in this case around £4.5k - but not actually owning it, instead continuing to pay an annual fee equivalent to your previous monthly fee. Put simply, you pay what the car is worth as if buying it, but it still belongs to Peugeot! Brilliant! Why on earth don't they just let you have the thing, are they really that desperate for a couple of hundred quid a year?! What isn't detailed is how long this arrangement will last, so if you wanted to keep it for another then years would you continute to pay them all that time, or do they eventually take it off you and leave you with nothing?

As ever, the headline figures and prices are for the bottom deal, so the stated £179 per month for a 207 limits you to just 6500 miles per year or thereabouts, which isn't great considering the average mileage tends to be quoted as somewhere around the 10k mark. Also worth considering is that the 'free servicing' includes only the basic routine stuff - so when it comes to your tyres, brakes, clutch and fluids etc, you helpfully pay for Peugoet's car to be kept in tip-top condition so it's all spick and span when they eventually get it back! Remeber, it's never going to be yours regardless of how much you spend on it! Also bear in mind the insurance is not available to under-25s, or under-30s on some of the juicier models, with a minimum of 2 years NCB and certain other restriction. So work out how much you'd actually save as your premiums shouldn't be all that much on a basic car at that age.

Personally, I'd take my money down to the local used dealership and actually buy something!
M2RTY

19th Jan 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
caught a bigg'un

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » peugeot 179 a month is it worth doing 22 database queries in 0.0747850 seconds