corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Medal thief

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Medal thief
Tom

User status: Offline
20th Jan 12 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

(I know i'm on fire today). New level of delsuion from the self obsessed, made-of-glass, arrogant little tosser. Still blaming Capello for his limited chances, even though he signed for a team where he (deep down) must have known he wouldn't be getting regular games. Speaks volumes that he's talking about breaking charlton's record as opposed to stating he'd like to win something with/for England. Horrible little medal thief

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1010298/michael-owen:-i-can-break-bobby-charlton%27s-england-scoring-record?cc=5739

Owen: I can still break England record

By ESPN staff

Manchester United striker Michael Owen has not given up hope of playing for his country again and insists it is still possible for him to break England's goalscoring record.

Owen, 32, has struggled for regular football at Old Trafford, featuring in only 79 minutes of Premier League action this term.

A combination of injuries and Sir Alex Ferguson favouring other forwards has seen Owen fall down the pecking order and reduced him to a bit-part role with the champions.

And yet, despite his lack of first-team opportunities, Owen still harbours dreams of pulling on an England shirt and firmly believes he can improve on his total of 40 goals, and even better Sir Bobby Charlton's haul of 49.

"I am proud of what I did for England and what I have done," he told the Daily Mirror. "Obviously Sir Bobby's records are in my sights. I am still here."

Having been a regular for England during his Liverpool and Real Madrid days, Owen - who has scored 40 times in 89 games for his country - soon found himself out of favour when Fabio Capello began his tenure in 2008.

"As soon as Fabio Capello took over, that was it," he said. "I was on the bench for his first game in charge after having been an automatic starter for 10 years, and then after that I wasn't in the squad. The manager is the only man who will know the answer why.

"You have to accept it. If you get upset and angry to start with, if you will keep getting wound up. You have to let it go and that's that. I don't know why, that's something you have to ask the current manager.

"Once you make a decision then maybe you've made the decision. That's it, and even if I kept scoring I don't know what would have happened."
Tom

20th Jan 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TTT - any united fans got any views?
Cavey

20th Jan 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Capello is nothing to do with it, he's barely played since 2008 through injury and not playing at Utd. Capello said he'd pick players on form, not reputation (and although he hasn't entirely done that) You can't be on form if you're not playing at club level
Marc

20th Jan 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom

My view -

More chance of Liverpool winning the Premier League.
Nath

20th Jan 12 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

My view -

More chance of Liverpool winning the Premier League.

wow, proper harsh on Owen.
mwg

20th Jan 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talk about bitter and I mean Tom not Owen.
strick206

23rd Jan 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Talk about bitter and I mean Tom not Owen.

Very very true

My view, he won't play for England again for as long as he is at United, and i very much doubt he will again whoever he plays for. He's dreaming (whilst wearing his PL medal that Gerrard will never have )

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by strick206]
Marc

23rd Jan 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jan 12 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ojc

23rd Jan 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want him to play for England
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jan 12 at 20:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to play for England
Tom

24th Jan 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc

Brazen bastard, might send this to the police.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Medal thief 23 database queries in 0.0133891 seconds