corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How easy is it to convert to rear drums to disc on a corsa b and is it worth it?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How easy is it to convert to rear drums to disc on a corsa b and is it worth it?
Scholesy88

User status: Offline
   22nd Jan 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi was just wondering if its worth changing the drums on the back to disc as i have got 288mm v6 brakes on the front but not sure if i need the disc on the back as some ppl say its good others say its not worth it any ideas
Generation

22nd Jan 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you want to do this?
Scholesy88

22nd Jan 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a dont know if i do but you need to be able to stop quickly so maybe if its going to make an amazing amount of difference it might be worth looking at
Generation

22nd Jan 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hoq quick do you need to stop? unless you're running a huge monster power corsa, what you have will be suffice. most people just upgrde for looks
Kieran
Premium Member

23rd Jan 12 at 11:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like that's been said worth it if running a big power engine. Or mainly looks. It does stop a shit load better. Just depends if you want the agro making one up like I did.
Scholesy88

23rd Jan 12 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks maybe one day then
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 12 at 12:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem is the rear doesn't do much braking so the drums are up to the job.

Changing to discs can affect the bias which causes the car to be less stable when you brake.

Discs look good though
.Matt

23rd Jan 12 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have rear discs, and i love them. The braking power is unreal, but if you panic and stamp on the brakes you are fucked. just gotta learn to control/use them, i dont have a bias valve and never locked them up on the road unintentionally.

i also have 280's on the front d&g.

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by .Matt]
bigron1988

23rd Jan 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have them on mine and not keen on them , feel the back end twitching when braking from speed,
jay26

23rd Jan 12 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sold my rear disc axel, has new brakes/pollybushes and was powdercoated only got £100 they seem to be going cheap atm
davieslim

24th Jan 12 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had them on my xe corsa, was a bit of both looks and for better braking, when i first fitted them i could flick the back end up under braking but after i adjusted the bias valve on the axle it stopped perfectly straight
Dr.Corsa

24th Jan 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi!

There are 2 options: to weld some adapter plates on your rear axle and to take Astra MK 2 or Cavalier rear brakes or to buy genuine Tigra B or Corsa C SRI/GSI 1.8 Engine rear brakes complete. The second option works plug&play with Corsa C stubs on B, for the first option you need a professional mechanical because the werd angle is very important for driving stability and safety!

First is really cheapy, second easy, but expensive!

Mostly you need 3/20 pressure reducer for rear disc brakes on Corsa B because Corsa is not sooo heavy in the rear...

I can post a fully list of Parts you're need for Corsa C compound. Some people in Ger do it too. But for a c20xe you don't need rear discs on Corsa. German TÜV said it.

Greeting,
Micha

[Edited on 24-01-2012 by Dr.Corsa]

[Edited on 24-01-2012 by Dr.Corsa]

New Poll