corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any Saab Owners? More bad news...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any Saab Owners? More bad news...
BYRON

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 12 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this in a trade press. Didnt Stu recently purchase a fairly new Saab?

UK Saab customers are likely to find that their parts and vehicle warranties are invalid as a result of the Swedish parent company being declared bankrupt before Christmas. Grant Thornton, the administrators for Saab GB, have confirmed that customers may be entitled to lodge a claim for the value of the unexpired element of the warranty, with all claims being adjudicated by the company liquidator, once appointed.

Members are reminded that under the Sale of Goods Act the supplying dealer is legally responsible for ensuring the vehicle is of merchantable quality and is responsible for carrying out any remedial work required.

Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 12 at 14:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So basically get a refund on the monetary value of the warranty, which joins the queue next to all their other creditors?
BYRON

23rd Jan 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so a new car with remaining warranty or as was will no longer exist. Any faults will be rectified at your cost.
Cant see any point joing the creditors list - you will be so far down it it would be pointless.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
23rd Jan 12 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was what I was meaning, they say you can lodge a claim but its a big list.
Stu

23rd Jan 12 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah cheers for the heads up. The financial problems were probably the reason I got it so cheap

Not got that long left on the warranty now I don't think anyway and it went in about 2 months ago and had a few bits fixed under warranty so hopefully it should be OK for a bit now? Was going to extend it but to be honest I'll probably go down the Warranty Direct route if I am going to bother at all.

That's the second car I've had where the manufacturer has gone bust!
gez bay

23rd Jan 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should we see cheap new Saab's for sale like the MG's were?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Any Saab Owners? More bad news... 22 database queries in 0.0099311 seconds