corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Knocking noise, corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Knocking noise, corsa
shaned12345

User status: Offline
29th Jan 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When driving on an uneven road surface I've got a really annoying knocking noise coming from the drivers side wheel somewhere.

Ball joints & track rod ends are done, am i right in thinking that i've got a CV joint or a top mount gone?
shaned12345

29th Jan 12 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to add the corsa is lowered 60mm, so the shocks and springs are fairly new.
Matty W

29th Jan 12 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check all the bolts are tight if its newly lowered. i had a knocking noise when i first lowered mine, one of the hub bolts was a touch loose and it was pivoting slightly on the other bolt causing it to knock.
CV and top mounts are more of a clunking sound when turning

[Edited on 29-01-2012 by Matty W]

New Poll