corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Roller cab buying UPDATE

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Roller cab buying UPDATE
alan-g-w

User status: Offline
10th Feb 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I'm looking at buying a roller cabinet tool box for my work. I've got one in mind just now - it's a Britool 11 drawer jobbie, I was just wondering before I put down any cash if anyone knows of them cheaper? The best price I've found is 449.95 on ebay with free courier delivery. I have seen them on other websites for around 360 but I've phoned 3 so far and none have them in stock apparently

[Edited on 24-02-2012 by alan-g-w]
Stu_22

10th Feb 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Halfords see if you can find somone with trade card
alan-g-w

10th Feb 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a trade card buddy, not a fan of the halfords boxes though. Cheers anyway
harrybanks

10th Feb 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep an eye out on eBay for local snap on boxes, that's where I got mine from. Paid £1600 for a 53 inch top/bottom box which was a year old, brand new it was £3400 plus vat. Bet the guy I got it from is still paying it off, deffo worth a look
Ste
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there a clas ohlson near you? they have a lovely tool cab. feels really nice quality and probably better than my halfords professional cab

there is a top box too but can't see it on the site, it looks like this one but has a gas strut lid and is a bit bigger

http://www.clasohlson.co.uk/product/category.aspx?category=storage%2fgarage:tool+storage&id=88171918&_path=251882;85177593;164109715;88171918

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
alan-g-w

10th Feb 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That does look nice Ste but I've got a little development in the last half hour - was down getting a tyre fitted for the maw and saw a snap on van roll in. thought it'd be worth an ask at least so I told the guy what I was planning on getting and how much I was spending. He's offered me a 7 drawer brand new beast for 399 should be getting it dropped off to the work on wednesday or thursday as long as I don't see any better deals by then. Doubt I will though!
Dan
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 15:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just about to post saying snap on are far better, and similar money

Good choice

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
DaveyLC

10th Feb 12 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I've got a trade card buddy, not a fan of the halfords boxes though. Cheers anyway

The black "halfords idustrial" unit is actually pretty damn good

Very durable and all of the drawers are roller bearing with alloy locking handles.
alan-g-w

10th Feb 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye Dan I thought I'd be dreaming on my budget tbh. Pleasantly surprised to say the least!

It's not that they're bad boxes davey, I've worked with guys that use them and I find them great for what you'd pay. It's just that I see guys with 20+yr old britool, snap on etc. stuff and the drawers still work as they did when brand new so the longetivity/ reliabilty of it's something I'm wanting to be sure of.
DaveyLC

10th Feb 12 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure if they had been around for 20 years they would still be working.. Dont make a comparison with the 'red' coloured halfords stuff..
alan-g-w

10th Feb 12 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah deffo not, it was a polish spark I worked with that had the black pro one. They're not bad but wanted something with a bit of a reputation and a good name to be perfectly honest.
craig8
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 18:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Britool 11 drawer cab was brilliant for the 4 years it was in the workshop but since it's been in the van for a year or so it's pretty fucked

[Edited on 10-02-2012 by craig8]

E36 328
alan-g-w

10th Feb 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was genuinely going to buy the Britool one this morning but the only reason I didn't was because I had to put my new card details in and didn't have time. Glad I dodged the bullet by the sounds of it
Dan
Premium Member

10th Feb 12 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it the small width one?

Only problem ive had with my big roll cab is the welds split on the corners holding it together/square. They sorted it though, as it was only a few months old.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
alan-g-w

11th Feb 12 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its part no. kda2007, would link you up but im on my phone. Looks a pretty decent width anyway, not sure on dims
craig8
Premium Member

11th Feb 12 at 12:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant find anything for that number, its this one ive got http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=143109

E36 328
alan-g-w

11th Feb 12 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My bad, was kra2007 I found a link so hopefully it works: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?P65=&tool=storage&item_ID=95415&group_ID=18012&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

That only in red
alan-g-w

24th Feb 12 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got this through last week, well happy with it

bracey123

24th Feb 12 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

archie is selling one similar to tht for 300
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Feb 12 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd need those spanners laying out.
Phillips_91

25th Feb 12 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

This!
Unorganised tool boxes make me cringe
alan-g-w

25th Feb 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Going from left to right: <13mm, 13-17mm, 18-24mm, allen keys then 24mm+ going along the back. Ideally they'd all be set out but since I've probably got about 3 spanners of each size (flexi ratchet combi, fixed combi and a couple of double open enders) I'd only be able to lay the flexi ratchets out since they're the only full set, the others are just a mix of different makes and types. Other reason I'm not fussed is that the same spanners will take up 10x the space they are in a foam cut out board or similair. I never find myself struggling to find anything anyway!

Screwdriver drawer is much the same, they're all colour coded so finding them's a piece of piss:

But you'll like this, all I've done is cut the lid off my socket set and sat it in:

Mertin

25th Feb 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv got the same in the bigger drawers on my bottom box. Split my halfords 190pc box into two and fitted in two drawers. The hinge was hanging off anyway
alan-g-w

25th Feb 12 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I chopped mine off with a big machete
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bracey123
archie is selling one similar to tht for 300

Its long gone mate.

Got myself a nice 40" double stack Snap-On badboy.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Roller cab buying UPDATE 23 database queries in 0.0175231 seconds