corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car tax without logbook

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car tax without logbook
corsa-vxr

User status: Offline
15th Feb 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sent a new form away with 25quid postal order start of january still aint received my new logbook never got anything from previouis owner hence why a did this..foned them just now to be told they havent even got my application not happy.. question is can i tax the car without the logbook ??? and can i just go to dvla offices in glasgow and pay the 25quid and get a new logbook cause am sure as hell not sending more money to get lost cheers
AndyCorsaSport

15th Feb 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got the green slip? Can tax it from that.
corsa-vxr

15th Feb 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope guy never gave me a thing said he had lost it
kennySRi

15th Feb 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What car is this? Bit odd buying a car without a logbook or anything...

Wouldnt be the first time dvla have denied getting a letter. When they do recieve it though it'll take around a month. They will have to write to the old owner to check if they have sold the car and will ask them for your details to confirm. Then they will send you out the new logbook. I suppose you could take the form to the dvla office and they will send it to the right office but it cant be done there and then.

To tax it you really need that logbook or at least ask the old owner if he has recieved the tax reminder so you can just use that. If he says he hasnt got that then chances are the car isnt legit
big eck

15th Feb 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can tax it with the green slip as long as you bought the car within 3 weeks but you said you don't have anything then your going to have to wait till the V5 comes through.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

15th Feb 12 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should always send shit recorded to those fuckers.
Corsa_Sport21

15th Feb 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
You can tax it with the green slip as long as you bought the car within 3 weeks but you said you don't have anything then your going to have to wait till the V5 comes through.

Its 8 weeks at a P.O or iirc, up to a year at a DVLA local office.
corsa-vxr

15th Feb 12 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup lesson learned lol just aswell a dnt technically need it till april all need to send another away dvla are saying they aint got an application from me so they have either lost it or post has lost it go figures
corsa-vxr

15th Feb 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dvla says takes up to 6weeks by post getting sent recorded delivery on friday
baza31

15th Feb 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely you didn't send cash? I sent a retention extension cert off for my plate in nov and I called them last week and they said same they hadn't received it. Thing Is now it's after deadline on retention so I had to write a letter with another cheque . I wouldn't risk money in post especially without signed for .

Ps them new keeper forms take forever to come bk , or if your Gary about 6 months
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Feb 12 at 00:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you haven't received the log book from the new owner you don't need to pay. Read the form and it says it in there. Don't have to send away the green part either. Explain it's been lost.
corsa-vxr

16th Feb 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt send cash u cnt they dnt acept it it was a postal order and cant find receipt for it as for i dnt need to send the 25quid they have told me i do the previous owner never gave me any part of logbook hence sending for a new 1

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car tax without logbook 22 database queries in 0.2016499 seconds