corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Summer holiday

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer holiday
jibjob

User status: Offline
14th Mar 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking for a week/10 days away for 2 people any where between May and September.

Ideally i'd like somewhere quietish but with bits and bobs to do like watersports or things to see within a short distance. It must be fairly close to a nice quietish beach with nice sand - none of this pebble beach crap

The hotel must be nice and clean but i'm not overly bothered about the facilities as long as the beach is close and the facilities there are good. If we go all inclusive the food must be varied and of a good standard as last time my mates went all inclusive they ended up eating out anyway due to the standard of food.

Other than that the only other condition is price which is up to £2000 for the flights and hotel.

To give you an idea St Lucia self catering in May is the top end of my budget so anything similar or less is what i'm looking for.

Where have you been? What was good about it? What was bad about it?

mattk

14th Mar 12 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ichmeller, Turkey
rossnomore

14th Mar 12 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Methil, fife
jibjob

14th Mar 12 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt have you been? What was it like?

Fife isn't exactly what I had in mind Might try Scotland for a weekend away its just what I had in mind for a week in the sun!
stuartmitchell

14th Mar 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£2000!! You and the Mrs Could live like a king in Portugal or anywhere else in Europe for 2 weeks for that buddy!
Whittie

14th Mar 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob

Fife isn't exactly what I had in mind Might try Scotland for a weekend away its just what I had in mind for a week in the sun!

I've been, loved it and will probably return next year.

Quiet and chilled, but still busy, and the same time the next town that you can walk to Marmarris is lively.

Might try squeeze it in this year, its cheap there too.
rossnomore

14th Mar 12 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:

I've been, loved it and will probably return next year.

Quiet and chilled, but still busy, and the same time the next town that you can walk to Marmarris is lively.

Might try squeeze it in this year, its cheap there too.

Aye methils no bad eh? and the marmaris does a mean kebab
jibjob

14th Mar 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never thought about Portugal actually! Didn't want to do Spain as I've been pretty much all over there and its very tourist orientated with crap shops and lucky lucky men. The way I looked at this holiday is I wanted it to be a proper one like something worth spending the extra money on rather than just a cheap get away for the sake of some sun.

I'll have a look at Turkey although I've heard mixed reports about the Turkish people.
stuartmitchell

14th Mar 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jamaica is meant to be good. Sure you could get an all incl deal there in May or June for 2K
Cavey

14th Mar 12 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I was spending £1k a person i'd be going somewhere better than Turkey.

Egypt for example, we went to Nabq Bay, quieter than Naama, for £700 a person and it was great
jibjob

14th Mar 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously the price is a guideline 2k was just what I could stretch to if needs be. Anything less than that is good as well!
Welly Wanger

14th Mar 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hows about some where different? This is my place http://riversidelodge.imgur.com/

12$ a night for the room, flights each about £700. Have a quiet beach just down the river/estuary. The expence is the flights, once there its cheap. I'd say two weeks would be too short but i'm used to 6 months or so . Many places have a happy menu . Its in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. Have a look on you tube at sihanoukville.

Guns? have this to offer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqboc8gXmjc

Temples, The killing fields, S21 torture camp.

fred7

14th Mar 12 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We are goin to sensatori crete start of may. 5* luxary all inclusive £1150. The beech is across the road. We been to sensatori mexico and tenerife now as there good resorts. There exclusive to thomson
andys sxi
Premium Member

14th Mar 12 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was gonna say portugal when you said abuout things to do i thought of albuferia in portugal me and my girlfriend went in july and we loved it loads to do

April 08 feature car
mattk

14th Mar 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turkish people are brilliant, and Im a racist. its their livleyhood they will do anything they can for you. its not particulaly chep to eat and drink there but its no more expensive than here. our currency is worth x2 of theirs, so when you see a pint priced at 5 - 6 Lira its a bit of a shock. till you remember its only £2.50 - £3

anything you want to do is there, there are all day boat trips where you can just sun your self on the boat, they stop every half an hour ish so you can go for a swim or take pics ect. jet skis, water ski, paragliding, scuba diving is all down the harbour too. me and the mrs went scuba diving for the day with an english PADI company and it was £55 each

night life in Ichmeller is quiet but 50p on the bus gets you to marmaris where its booming. buses go 24/7 and are every 10 mins

every year me and Rach say we will look somewhere else every year before deciding "fuck it should we just go to turkey"

last year was my 10th time
N16K

14th Mar 12 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'll have a look at Turkey although I've heard mixed reports about the Turkish people.

Turkey is a shithole and they have the nerve make pay on entry to the country £10 or something

I am basing this experience on Gumbet if anyone has ever been they will agree it is shit.
mattk

15th Mar 12 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its far from a shit hole
Tom G

15th Mar 12 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Welly Wanger
Hows about some where different? This is my place http://riversidelodge.imgur.com/

12$ a night for the room, flights each about £700. Have a quiet beach just down the river/estuary. The expence is the flights, once there its cheap. I'd say two weeks would be too short but i'm used to 6 months or so . Many places have a happy menu . Its in Sihanoukville, Cambodia. Have a look on you tube at sihanoukville.

Guns? have this to offer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqboc8gXmjc

Temples, The killing fields, S21 torture camp.

Who are you?
Tom G

15th Mar 12 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

egypt all inclusive? Mexico? Get some big plush hotel
LeeM

15th Mar 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tenerife in the safari park area is very nice with some 5 star hotels and beautiful beaches
Welly Wanger

15th Mar 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm me, why whats wrong?
Welly Wanger

15th Mar 12 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guns are nowt to do with me, but have been to that army camp and played with AK-47';s and a M16.

The list, temples, guns, S21, killing fields, Ankgor watt (film set of tomb raider) are all tourist attraction in and around Cambodia. Was just highlighting things to do.
RichR
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dubrovonik, Croatia
Jakey
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 17:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Am I missing something here Jonny?!?

You've got a missus and £2000?!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he didnt have a job last week

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Summer holiday 23 database queries in 0.0158870 seconds