corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Paypal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paypal
James

User status: Offline
19th Mar 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm going to be selling some bits and pieces in the next few weeks. I intend to use Paypal for a lot of it.

Does anyone have any tips for not getting scammed? I've heard people have the money in their Paypal account, then they send the item and the money disappears!

Cheers.
James
Kyle T
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 16:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only way you're really going to get scammed with paypal is if your credentials get compromised or if people claim you haven't mailed the item.

I sold an old iPhone, got the cash into paypal and then the buyer filed a non-delivery complaint with eBay. Apparently eBay side with the buyer most of the time, but luckily I had sent it recorded (despite saying on the auction that it was just 1st class) and when I sent back the tracking information the guy magically withdrew the complaint... chancer.

If you do everything properly and don't end auctions early for people - you'll be protected by eBay, Paypal and Royal Mail.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Whittie

19th Mar 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I literally advise you to stay away from both eBay and Paypal on the basis of your new threads the last few weeks mate
Jas

19th Mar 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tracking codes for EVERYTHING mate

document everything, I had a huge folder, printed invoice and attached shipping receipt. covered myself several times when I was selling a fair bit
Whittie

19th Mar 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ One case I even had a tracking code for went the other way for me, was only for about £10 so let it go. Load of bollocks
James

19th Mar 12 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whittie - I'm not using eBay. Hopefully Paypal *should* be ok.
Brett
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post to confirmed address
dava.

19th Mar 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make sure you post to the address on the paypal account that paid the money, regardless of them telling you other wise, tracking numbers for everything as allready said
Sam
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the items are less than £46 in value, just send them normal first class post and get a proof of postage from the post office. If the buyer complains to eBay that they've not received them, you will have to refund them but you can claim up to £46 compensation from Royal Mail for the item so you aren't totally out of pocket - this is where the proof of postage comes in.

If the items are worth more than £46 but less than £500, send them Special Delivery. You'll get a tracking number too so there's less chance of it going astray and even if it did or say the item got damaged in transit, you can put a claim in with Royal Mail. You can of course use couriers too, but a lot of the time they only offer about £50 compensation so you'll need to pay a few quid more for extra compensation coverage.

Lastly, don't send anything out if it doesn't say "OK to post" in PayPal.

Follow these rules and you should be OK. Whilst there are no guarantees you won't get scammed by anyone, this certainly reduces your risk significantly.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Paypal 23 database queries in 0.0117352 seconds