corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Which way is best?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Which way is best?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Mar 12 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got to drive down to North Weald Bassett in the morning. Google maps and my sat nav both say M6>M1>M25. I've not been down the M1 for a bit but I know it's not a great stretch to be driving down at around 7:30-8:30, especially if the roadworks are still going on? When I've changed the route to go M6>A14>M11, it shows as 10 mins longer but I don't know how busy it gets that way, I've never used the M11 before.

So basically, anyone with experience, would I be better opting for the slightly longer predicted journey time or am I wasting my time thinking about it and they're both going to be as bad as each other?
Whittie

20th Mar 12 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go the Motorway way, but leave an hour earlier, get there without the stress of traffic, whilst wanking to the latest nuts magazine.

That's your only option imo.
Mike
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only way to get there without traffic would be setting off in the next 2-3 hours, traffic's just a fact of life when heading down that way. Just want to know if there's still miles of roadworks on the M1 and if the M11 is likely to be a better option.
Jakey
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Google maps no tell you if there's roadworks?
Mike
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 23:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good point, and yes they still appear to be there. Nothing reported on the M11 so I'll give that a try.
Stu_22

21st Mar 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

M1 has a 50 limit for a few junctions around MK to Luton but ussually ok
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Mar 12 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucks sake mike, I'm 10 minutes away from there.

If you are coming down the M1 you should come off at Luton Airport, follow the backroads down to Hatfield, then take the A414 all the way to Harlow/North Weald

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Which way is best? 22 database queries in 0.0076921 seconds