corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How much for a C/X16XE?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much for a C/X16XE?
jrdn7

User status: Offline
1st Apr 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much would I be looking to pay for a good condition C/X16XE engine, with all the ancillaries? The engine in my car is well & truly fecked now and I'm sick of thelack of speed from a 1.2 8V!

And another question, who do I go to to get the ECU chipped so I don't need the transponder?
corsadonk
Premium Member

1st Apr 12 at 20:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 1.6 Sport would be cheaper to insure, than a car with a engine conversion. Prices might very over in Ireland.
jrdn7

1st Apr 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With the insurance company my parents use, it'll be €2750 to insure a Sport, or €2800 for a converted 1.2. I'd rather just go for the engine as I can work at it when it's out before putting it in, rather than taking it out, working at it, then putting it back in.
corsajay88

2nd Apr 12 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats pretty good tbh. £50 difference and yours had a respray won't find one with the same condition paintwork. you dont need to get ecu chipped, there a little chip in the key from donor car.which you can either take out and fit it to your key or tape it somewhere near the transponder. i reckon all in can be anywhere from £150 - £300 but careful buying as some of these engines have had hard lives
corsa-torque

2nd Apr 12 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a chip, transponder and Ecu here for a x16xe if you need one??
Jed D

2nd Apr 12 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get the x16xeL (astra, vectra, zaf...) and use x16xe ecu etc... engine has a stronger head
jrdn7

2nd Apr 12 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, that's the danger of buying one. They're quick little motors so they will get a dogging from some people.

Thanks for that Jed D. Are the X16XEL's hard to get?
jrdn7

2nd Apr 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque

Cheers mate but I haven't got the engine yet, and if the rust can be sorted I'm going for a red top. I'll keep you in mind tho & I'll give you a shout when I get the engine to see if you still have them.

Out of interest, how much do you want for the whole lot?
corsa-torque

2nd Apr 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7
quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque

Cheers mate but I haven't got the engine yet, and if the rust can be sorted I'm going for a red top. I'll keep you in mind tho & I'll give you a shout when I get the engine to see if you still have them.

Out of interest, how much do you want for the whole lot?

£40 fella
Jed D

2nd Apr 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jrdn7

Thanks for that Jed D. Are the X16XEL's hard to get?

easier to get tbh mate, loads of them about but 99% of them arent advertised as XEL people forget to put the L on the end when listing them forsale... find out what its out of as im pretty sure it was just corsa's and tigras (maybe some astras) that had the x16xe... vecs, zafs and some astras had XEL

however if you manage to get the early C16XE in good condition

1. you need a medal
and
2. you might want to buy a lower inlet from a x16xe if your planning on running a performance chamber upper inlet (i have one spare )
corsajay88

2nd Apr 12 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might find that the x16xel is a better option as there genrally lower milage, cheaper, and being from family cars have had a easier life.
jrdn7

2nd Apr 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I must start looking for one soon, where should I go for one? Scrappy would be an option, but it's a bit of a risk.

Corsa-torque I'll keep that in mind, so ya might be getting a call from me as soon as I get some money (and the engine of course!)

Now that I know what I'm after, how much would a courier cost to ship one to Ireland? Thieving bastards want your right arm for anything over here!
Corsa_Sport21

2nd Apr 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aren't you only 15 years old??

Why you wanting to do a 1600/Redtop conversion when you are so far away from even being able to have a drivers licence.
jrdn7

2nd Apr 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am aye. Just to pass the time & have something brilliant for when I can drive one.
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Apr 12 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about a small block 1.8? If you're going to the hassel of swapping a engine, you might well fit a bigger less re-stricted one.
jrdn7

2nd Apr 12 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a good point corsadonk. How much power/torque does one of those develop?

New Poll