corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo diesel b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turbo diesel b
Bigginses

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 12 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey one and all

Currently have a Ecotik 1200 b and am thinking about getting rid of it for a 1500 td b but was wondering if anyone on here has experience of these and there are any bad points to look out for?
Rob E

3rd Apr 12 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a 1.7 non turbo which uses the same block. Brilliant engine, it would go forever and a day. Mine had a habit of going through alternators though, but I think this was down to the fact I had two big amps in the boot.

Also, with the TD you can crank the boost up pretty easily and it goes like shit off a shovel
Bigginses

3rd Apr 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah one of mates said the same few simple tweaks a cheap front mount and you get pretty insane power
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Apr 12 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great engine. Mine is about to hit 150k and it doesn't use oil between servicing. I fitted a set of glow plugs, and changed the rear wheel bearing, in the 20k me and the missus has put on it. You get 50mpg driving it hard. Only thing to look for is general Corsa rust.

You're meant to adjust the valve clearance on them, but I haven't bothered.

I'd love to fit 1.7 astra turbo and intercooler, and wang the fuel and boost up, I can't see the point. It's great on fuel, runs on most oily stuff. My standard one kept up with a Smart Brabus.
AlunJ

3rd Apr 12 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For an old proper mechanical turbo diesel you can't go wrong, loved mine to bits. It was solid and only went wrong when I starved the damn thing of oil, they also eat fan belts like there's no tomorrow, well at least mine did lmao. Get 400miles to a tank if you're sensible, sold mine on 135k and it's still going strong as far as I know, see It about now and again, would definitely have a tidy one for a runaround again.
There was one in Spain running 200hp with the boost and fuelling turned up and FMIC.

[Edited on 03-04-2012 by AlunJ]
D0NN3R

4th Apr 12 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good engines my mates dad had one with 164k on it but then he sold it for a 1.2 sxi
Pucci1

4th Apr 12 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did they not make a 1,7 td? (in corsas)

[Edited on 04-04-2012 by Pucci1]
whitter45

4th Apr 12 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pucci1

think that was in the C not the B
corsadonk
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 16:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The GM item isn't meant to as strong.
carl roper

4th Apr 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1.5td are good for 105bhp and the 1.7td are good for 120bhp with intercooler upped boost and a turbo back exhaust system.
the engines themselves are pritty bullet proof, the alternators and startor motors tend to go every now and again, thats the only real problem
AlunJ

5th Apr 12 at 05:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pucci1

Not in the corsas but they did cavs, Astras and combos, someone on here did transplant one into a corsa.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Turbo diesel b 22 database queries in 0.0113981 seconds