corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bit of tattoo discussion

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author bit of tattoo discussion
sam-smith

User status: Offline
5th Apr 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems like there is a fair amount of people on here with tattoos, so... what is everyones opinion on 'public ink?' i dont mean forearms or anything i just mean neck, hands and maybe even face.

anyone that looks at the tattoo threads will ptobably know that i am pretty covered, although i have nothing visible with long sleeves on, if i wasnt concious of the future i would have my neck and hands done, i like the way they can look and i like the idea of it. i do not however like the was they are viewed i would hate to think i am being looked down on for having made that choice. still i am only 22 and could massivly change my mind about that in the next few years as my career choice possibly changes or depending on what happens when i move to australia

Hammer

5th Apr 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My wee cousin has his initials on his neck. It looks fucking horrendous and he will, without a shadow of a doubt, regret it in another few years. If he doesn't already.
sam-smith

5th Apr 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that even sounds like a shit tattoo though to be fair, i mean decent tattoos in these places not, charlene in old english two weeks after you got married and little keith was born
John

5th Apr 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When the tattoos go out of fashion (that's exactly what they are) you'll still be stuck with a dirty mark on your neck and not be able to get a job.
DC90

6th Apr 12 at 00:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm yet to see a tattoo that looks nice on someone's neck.
sc0ott

6th Apr 12 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends on your life style imo.

If you have no job employers will be put off you.

Take travis barker for example. His tattoos suit his life style, hes loaded, gets paid to play drums and probably doesnt know what a CV is for.

corsadonk
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IMO it doesn't look good, for the future, like you've said you're still young. I've changed alot now I'm 30.
BarnshaW

6th Apr 12 at 08:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i personally dont think tattoos or body art will ever go out of fashion, not within our lifetimes anyway
Hammer

6th Apr 12 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Body art might not but; swallows, tribal, polynesian, fish swimming upwards, jokers holding cards, women with their tits out and all the other random shite most certainly will.
Gary
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with sc0ott. I always said I wont have tattoos that cant be covered with a long sleeve shirt. Neck etc is a no no.
Budgie

6th Apr 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Depends on your life style imo.

If you have no job employers will be put off you.

Take travis barker for example. His tattoos suit his life style, hes loaded, gets paid to play drums and probably doesnt know what a CV is for.

this plenty of bmxers, motocrosss riders with tatts. It depends what life style you have.
I personally wouldnt go neck, face or knuckles done just because of jobs.
if i wont the lottery and didnt have to worry about that sort of stuff, i probably wont get a neck tattoo, i'd prob wuss out
sam-smith

6th Apr 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Body art might not but; swallows, tribal, polynesian, fish swimming upwards, jokers holding cards, women with their tits out and all the other random shite most certainly will.

you are very wrong there. tattoo styes you just mentioned there have been around for 100s of years and people have been copying them for 100s of years. tattoos are like fashion, certain styles will become less popular and then bounce back again. tribal was very popular, then japanese came back again, now you are seeing people putting a twist on the old sailor style
sc0ott

6th Apr 12 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres more chance of hanging pictures on your walls going out of fasion than tattoos.
thegsi

6th Apr 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who gives a fuck what other people think? People who say you will never get a job if you have a tattoo are just like busy body teachers at school who tell you that you will fail at life if you don't go into higher education. A lot of people I know are covered in tattoo's. Hands, neck, face, the lot. One chap I know has them all over his face, neck, hands and is a very skilled roofer who takes home £200 a day. Not a bad wage.

People just need to learn that people have different tastes and views and if everyone was the same office working sad act then the world would be a pretty boring place.
sam-smith

6th Apr 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think what people mean when they say you wont get a job is that you wont get a job in an office... which people like me dont want anyway

but i am not saying i give a fuck im curious what others think
scoob
Premium Member

6th Apr 12 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id get my neck done, but then again in my line of work it wouldnt matter
Hammer

6th Apr 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

you are very wrong there.

Incorrect.
Hammer

6th Apr 12 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Theres more chance of hanging pictures on your walls going out of fasion than tattoos.

Marc

6th Apr 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
I'm yet to see a tattoo that looks nice on someone's neck.

Fit bird, flower etc on neck can look alright.

Definate no no on a fat mess.
sam-smith

6th Apr 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok well this is meant to be a discussion tell us why you think these styles that have been around for years will go out of fashion?

i am seeing tattoos from my dads era come back into fashion, which is basically just old skool flash.

i have seen japanese come and go again. and the sailor jerry style overtake it again, also realism is making a break through as people start to treat tattoos more as art than marking for thugs
sc0ott

6th Apr 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a pretty good job and im office based with the usual regular building site visits. I probably have more tattoos than those who have stronger opinions towards those who disagree with the whole employers wont take you on thing / thegsi's comment.

Lets be serious here, you cant go through life telling yourself 'i do what i fucking want and i dont give a shit what other people think'.

Not all office jobs are the same. One you could sit on a telephone all day selling shit, another (like myself) meet up with various consultants, clients, council bodies etc.

Youve got to draw the line somewhere.
John

6th Apr 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Roofers make £200 quid a day though mate, got his forehead tattoo'd and he's ok.
Hammer

6th Apr 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sam-smith
ok well this is meant to be a discussion tell us why you think these styles that have been around for years will go out of fashion?

i am seeing tattoos from my dads era come back into fashion, which is basically just old skool flash.

i have seen japanese come and go again. and the sailor jerry style overtake it again, also realism is making a break through as people start to treat tattoos more as art than marking for thugs

To come back into fashion it would have had to have went out of fashion thus you have just proven my point.
sam-smith

6th Apr 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i just said that some of these styles have gone out of fashion to then come back a few years later, such as everyone getting tribal, it is now coming back although more in the form of polynesian
cavmad

6th Apr 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Covered in tattoos but would never have them on my neck or face etc.
Have some stupid dots on my knuckles which I've sort of got used to now but I shouldn't have had them done.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » bit of tattoo discussion 22 database queries in 0.0086701 seconds