corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay bid snipers

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ebay bid snipers
Dan
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Apr 12 at 07:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What bid snipers do you all use and whats best?

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Bart

14th Apr 12 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't really need them tbh? As long as you put in your highest amount in the last 8 seconds you'll likely to win
_Allan_

14th Apr 12 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put in my highest amount im prepared to pay within the last 10 seconds. If someone outbids me then they've payed more than I was willing to pay. No loss really.
taylorboosh

14th Apr 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same but i just put it in at the start
alan-g-w

14th Apr 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
I put in my highest amount im prepared to pay within the last 10 seconds. If someone outbids me then they've payed more than I was willing to pay. No loss really.

Same. If I tell myself my limit's £50,for example, though I always stick 52 or 53 on because of the amount of times I've been beaten by pennies
Dan
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 13:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's all well and good if you are on eBay at the time.

jamied

14th Apr 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always used auctionsniper
taylorboosh

14th Apr 12 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
quote:

Same. If I tell myself my limit's £50,for example, though I always stick 52 or 53 on because of the amount of times I've been beaten by pennies

That's retarded... You never know how much youv been beaten by, it shows for example you lost by 50p but in real terms they may have bid £500 more
baza31

14th Apr 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually put in a low bid, then get beaten at last second then wish I bid more .
Rich H

14th Apr 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

auctionsniper.com
Nath

14th Apr 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens if two people are bidding on the same item and both use that?
Rich H

14th Apr 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What happens if two people are bidding on the same item and both use that?

No idea tbh - I'd imagine the probability of that is ridiculously low though?!
Nath

14th Apr 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah probably
Dan
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys. Used auction sniper as recommended.

Just bought a fish tank worth around 160-180 for 67.75. Mainly due to incorrect spelling of the make I'd imagine.

If anyone wants to join let me refer u so I can get 3 free bids, then u can refer the next person here. Saves anyone paying for it then!

Dan
Premium Member

14th Apr 12 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All that Happens if both do is whoever bid most wins, same as normal

alan-g-w

14th Apr 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
quote:
quote:

That's retarded... You never know how much youv been beaten by, it shows for example you lost by 50p but in real terms they may have bid £500 more

What are you on about? Twice I bid on a socket set, put £80 as my top limit but when the auction ended it said under the winning bid bit '£80.75' or whatever I was beaten by. So I knew exactly how much I was beaten by those both times
Rob_Corsa

15th Apr 12 at 06:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

What are you on about? Twice I bid on a socket set, put £80 as my top limit but when the auction ended it said under the winning bid bit '£80.75' or whatever I was beaten by. So I knew exactly how much I was beaten by those both times

I think what John meant was that you dont know how much you were outbid by, not how much more someone else paid for the item compared to your bid.

He may well of put a £500 bid on as suggested but ebay would have only used 1 bid increment above your highest bid to outbid you. If you'd of stuck £100 on there, you'd only know the other bidder got the item for £102, not that he put a £500 bid on.

Rob
taylorboosh

15th Apr 12 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks rob
Ste
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 10:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use justsnipe.com. 5 free bids a week and been on it about 6 years now. saved me loads of time.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Myibidder app. Free too
alan-g-w

15th Apr 12 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Corsa
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think what John meant was that you dont know how much you were outbid by, not how much more someone else paid for the item compared to your bid.

He may well of put a £500 bid on as suggested but ebay would have only used 1 bid increment above your highest bid to outbid you. If you'd of stuck £100 on there, you'd only know the other bidder got the item for £102, not that he put a £500 bid on.

Rob

That's got nothing at all to do with my first point though?

I put on 52 or 53quid when I set a 50quid limit in case someone else bids just over 50. Basically peolle are more likely to put in multiples of 5 or 10 imo so if you put an odd limit in just over your actual limit it can clinch it sometimes.

Why you're talking about 500quid limits and shit I do no know

[Edited on 15-04-2012 by alan-g-w]
taylorboosh

15th Apr 12 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you a spastic..?

Simple terms you never know how much you have been beaten by because you only see the final bid price... Not the max bid

However I agree with multiples of ten thing
alan-g-w

15th Apr 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Irony

I'm not concerned with how much the person that beats me bids, if I bid my 53quid and the winning bid is a pound more or whatever then that's fine - i'm only concerned with beating anyone bidding 50-51. I know what you mean when you say it might seem like I was beaten by pennies when in fact the person might have bid 50quid more - that part wasn't my main point though so get off your fucking high horse.
Jimbothebarbarian

15th Apr 12 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you people actually paying for a sniper?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Apr 12 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yeah you do.

If someone proxies at 100.02 and you snipe at 100 but the next highest bidder is 50, the price will be 55 until the snipe at which time the proxy will win and the auction will end.

Because the proxy isn't a full bid increment, it only works if the current price is low, but you can see.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Ebay bid snipers 23 database queries in 0.0170338 seconds