corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe gearbox which one will fit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe gearbox which one will fit
propower78

User status: Offline
17th Apr 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all my main shaft in the gearbox went today and i lost all drive so im now in hunt of a new gearbox any ideas on what one i need as i havent a clue also if theres a better one that will bolt straight on ?

cheers
HarleyMK

17th Apr 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe there the f13cr box
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Apr 12 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

F13, F15 which are both available with a choice of final drive.
propower78

17th Apr 12 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
F13, F15 which are both available with a choice of final drive.

hi mate what do you mean when you say choice of final drive?
propower78

17th Apr 12 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by HarleyMK
i believe there the f13cr box

every where i look though say the f13 is a 1 litre box? i keep seing different types like ones with hydro clutch and that im stuck on which one to get
HarleyMK

17th Apr 12 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the f13 box is in a few cars but as said by Ian they have a different final drive.
the the final drive is the ratio on the crown wheel and pinion on the diff this will change the ratio of all the other gears in the box for example you can get a f13 close ratio and also a wide ratio.

if your corsa is a sport model youll be wanting a close ratio the f13cr is what i have on my 1.6 sport.
propower78

17th Apr 12 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the f13 box is in a few cars but as said by Ian they have a different final drive.
the the final drive is the ratio on the crown wheel and pinion on the diff this will change the ratio of all the other gears in the box for example you can get a f13 close ratio and also a wide ratio.

if your corsa is a sport model youll be wanting a close ratio the f13cr is what i have on my 1.6 sport.

how do i know what box mines running? where would it be stamped?
HarleyMK

17th Apr 12 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by the end plate, on a lip, you will find a code stamped into it, it will start with A or B, have a 5 digit number, then the gearbox code F13/F15, then a W or C (wide or close ratio), then a 3 digit number (final drive ratio).

propower78

17th Apr 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
by the end plate, on a lip, you will find a code stamped into it, it will start with A or B, have a 5 digit number, then the gearbox code F13/F15, then a W or C (wide or close ratio), then a 3 digit number (final drive ratio).

oh ok mate sound what gearbox can i jus bolt on with all my original stuff
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Apr 12 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They all fit but you should look out for a close ratio one as that'll be the same.
HarleyMK

17th Apr 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have a look and see what gearbox you have one yours and try and find one the same, shouldnt be to hard theres usually a few floating about.

im not 100% sure which gearboxes are interchangeable with the x16xe so finding one the same as you original one would be the easiest options

New Poll