corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Over fuelling 1 litre 12 valver help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Over fuelling 1 litre 12 valver help!
RyanCorsa99

User status: Offline
22nd Apr 12 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Noticed today car is deteriorating!
fuel consumpton was through the roof today. Going from luton to milton keynes back to luton, 22.1 miles each way... so lets say 45miles for arguments sake, used just over 1/3rd of a tank. Car was also struggling to keep hold of 70mph.

Also car started making a "roaring" noise at about mid revs

There are no fault codes as i have a proper vauxhall code reader, and according to the diagnostic it says car is running rich

When car is turned off it also "over runs" and sounds like an old man coughing when you turn it off...

Now i have checked all obvious things as i work as an apprentice for bmw, air leaks (as best i can) filter. fuel filter changed 500miles ago along with full service.

any pointers or people experienced this before?
Matty W

22nd Apr 12 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does it sometimes. its not brilliant on juice. although i have found it to be a bit better since replacing my exaust manifold. was probably getting an incorrect reading on the lambda.

does it sound like its blowing at all? mine had obvious signs of carbon deposits on the underside of the heatsheild
RyanCorsa99

22nd Apr 12 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it could be? that could explain the "roaring" noise?
Matty W

23rd Apr 12 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check it out. its 3 bolts to remove the cover. they are etorx but a 10mm socket fits fine. Its a common fault on the x10xe aparantly. mine had a crack running from top to bottom and sounded like a bag of shite when it was revved.
You can see the crack here

other than that you can try running a fuel cleaner through it to desolve any shit that might be causing a leaky injector, check its oil consumption and make sure youve got enough in. mine burns a small amount and after a couple of months needs a litre of oil, its enough to cause shit mpg

[Edited on 23-04-2012 by Matty W]
RyanCorsa99

23rd Apr 12 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers bud
3i_gaz

23rd Apr 12 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

coolant temp sensor?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Over fuelling 1 litre 12 valver help! 22 database queries in 0.0106120 seconds