corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best companies for Corsa 20xe insurance

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Best companies for Corsa 20xe insurance
Vauxdan88

User status: Offline
23rd Apr 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've recently converted my 1998 1.4 Corsa sport to 20xe. Yet to declare it but of course I fully intend to.its just not quite ready for the road yet. Want to know best companies to contact for insurance as a 2.0. I'm 24,had license 3 years,clean,1 yr ncb
Vauxdan88

23rd Apr 12 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know of Adrian flux,going to try them tomorrow. So please don't all say them lol
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brentacre I've heard are really good although when I tried they were a lot more expensive than flux so I stayed with them.

Also HIC but they're flux's sister company so will be pretty similar

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
shaunmods
Premium Member

23rd Apr 12 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bentracre

Edit Daz beat me to it

[Edited on 23-04-2012 by shaunmods]
jonnieboy

23rd Apr 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive always found Flux to be the cheapest for me, But ive always got discount having the bike with them aswell.

Ive heard Brentacre and HIC are equally as cheap
Generation

23rd Apr 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just about I go into 4yncb

But just finished 3rd year with AF

That was £1100 when I was 23
Edges 58

23rd Apr 12 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is insured with Sky Insurance. £970, paying monthly works out at £1020 i think. Flux was quoting £1280 something and brentacre were like £1600

21, 4 years no claims
Dan295

23rd Apr 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brentacre are by far, the worst car insurance car company I personally have ever dealt with, unhelpful bunch that once they have your money dont really give a fuck
Vauxdan88

24th Apr 12 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the suggestions lads, what's this HIC? By the sounds of the last comment should I try this brentacre? I hate nightmare companies like that! Also,as I havnt declared it yet will they be able to give me quotes with the exact price for the engine if that makes sense. As when I've tried so far, online getting quotes,its asked for mods and only option is non standard engine,that could just be a 1.6 for all they know...
Fro

24th Apr 12 at 07:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan295
Brentacre are by far, the worst car insurance car company I personally have ever dealt with, unhelpful bunch that once they have your money dont really give a fuck

Have they changed staff recently? By far the friendliest/most helpful insurance co I have been with. Not used them in a couple of years though.
scunnylad

24th Apr 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paying 900 with flux and i have 3 yrs ncb and 6 points
corb

24th Apr 12 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

flux just quoted me £764 fully comp, 5000 miles p.a. value £3-4000ish. C20LET running 280-290ish bhp. Bit excessive! I can get a TVR Cerbera insured fully comp etc. £570
Vauxdan88

24th Apr 12 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well happy with the quote sky insurance just gave me! 742 tpft. With 2.0 engine,full suspension kit,2.0 brake setup,exhaust system and alloy wheels. Bargain considering I've been getting quotes of 650 for it as a normal 1.4!
Vauxdan88

24th Apr 12 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't think to ask though,about monthly payments. Anyone know if they do it monthly?
P1CK4D

24th Apr 12 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used Brentacre for my conversion'd corsa's
random dav
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always had my old 2.0 insured with brentacre as did the missus when she had one, no-one could beat them. Also know their stuff too.

WRLFC !

Project cars
corb

24th Apr 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pickford, i rang them..... said they couldnt get close to that so didnt bother quoting, fair enough but cant beleive how expensive the quotes working out....just rang performance direct who gave me the Cerbera quote - this will be an interesting comparison
Kieran
Premium Member

24th Apr 12 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hic £650 all declared for me
corb

24th Apr 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Performance Direct wouldnt quote me as not enough experience driving performance cars as they asked what my company car is i drive - Citroen C4 1.6HDi 110....
Dan295

24th Apr 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:

Have they changed staff recently? By far the friendliest/most helpful insurance co I have been with. Not used them in a couple of years though.

their office is literally a stonesthrow from where im at uni, told them my circumstances had changed, wouldnt be using my car anywhere near the amount I originally suggested, only social with about 5000 miles, and they wouldnt do anything, just said it would change the price when I renew. but wouldnt do anything about the fact my policy still had another 8 months left.

A friend of mine also has a CTR, told them he wants a quote on a bug eye scooby and they wouldnt quote him at all, apparently they dont insure them at all. Told them when it comes to it he wants to cancel and go elsewhere and they slapped a £50 admin fee on top of his cancellation price.
P1CK4D

24th Apr 12 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corb
pickford, i rang them..... said they couldnt get close to that so didnt bother quoting, fair enough but cant beleive how expensive the quotes working out....just rang performance direct who gave me the Cerbera quote - this will be an interesting comparison

Thats a strange one. Also strange to what Dan295 is saying. When I used to use them, they couldn't help me enough and always smashed what ever quote i was given. At 20 I was paying £900 for my Corsa Turbo. But that was 5 years ago mind..
Dan295

24th Apr 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theyre a good bunch of guys, and its decent to speak to people that know what theyre talking about. so long as your policy doesnt change essentially for the year.

also hi rich you hairgel cunt
P1CK4D

24th Apr 12 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also hi rich you hairgel cunt

Hello Paul O'Grady you faggot loving wanker
Fro

24th Apr 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Fro
quote:

their office is literally a stonesthrow from where im at uni, told them my circumstances had changed, wouldnt be using my car anywhere near the amount I originally suggested, only social with about 5000 miles, and they wouldnt do anything, just said it would change the price when I renew. but wouldnt do anything about the fact my policy still had another 8 months left.

A friend of mine also has a CTR, told them he wants a quote on a bug eye scooby and they wouldnt quote him at all, apparently they dont insure them at all. Told them when it comes to it he wants to cancel and go elsewhere and they slapped a £50 admin fee on top of his cancellation price.

Remember they are a broker though so anything that's not insured etc isn't down to them nor would adjusting policy terms. If the insurance company they linked you with cann't accomodate with your changes what can brentacre do but tell you how it is.?
Dan295

24th Apr 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the bloke didnt bother asking, i told him that all this had changed and he just told me it would change when I renew, didnt stop to pick up the phone and speak to the insurance company at all.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Best companies for Corsa 20xe insurance 23 database queries in 0.1787870 seconds