corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car warrantys

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car warrantys
andys sxi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
28th Apr 12 at 13:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi ive been looking at the astra cdti 150 and im aware of the common problems, somebody suggested i take a car warranty out on it if i buy one ive found this company and been reading on there website they cover most things on the car, but then i seen a upgraded one that coveres wear and tear but thats on on cars less than 6 years old

now my question is if i got a astra say 2005 reg and the gearbox went the warranty says on the quote it covers gearboxes but are they going to say its wear and tear its not covered? are they really worth it

http://www.gocarwarranty.co.uk/car-warranties/

thats the company

[Edited on 28-04-2012 by andys sxi]

April 08 feature car
Liam

28th Apr 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably not worth the paper they are written on, they will always try and get out of the claim.
lozarus

28th Apr 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a warranty when I bought my clio with the rac. Starter motor went got it replaced at a garage of my choice (which just so happens to be the garage I work in ) and sent them the invoice. Two weeks later they sent a cheque through and job done. I have heard its possible to not even have to front the bill aswell. Weren't bad tbh

[Edited on 28-04-2012 by lozarus]
Ben G

28th Apr 12 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldn't bother on an astra tbh. how much are new/recon gearboxes?
andys sxi
Premium Member

28th Apr 12 at 15:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can pay £400 to have new bearings to be put in, it used to be £900 for the manifold but was old there only £300 now, the clutch and fly wheel is about £300-400 I was thinking of getting it covered if I got one but back to square one with cars again now

A new gearbox is anything over £1000

April 08 feature car
Mark.W

28th Apr 12 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I took out warranty on my H when i bought it nd it was the top warranty for wear and tear and the car has developed a leak from the crank shaft and when i phoned up they wouldn't cover it because it was not a mechanical componet

It has came up for renewal now and they have been keep ringing and have sent me a letter for renewal and tbh im not renewing it just like most say there not worth the paper it's written on.
Anty
Premium Member

28th Apr 12 at 15:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
I took out warranty on my H when i bought it nd it was the top warranty for wear and tear and the car has developed a leak from the crank shaft and when i phoned up they wouldn't cover it because it was not a mechanical componet

It has came up for renewal now and they have been keep ringing and have sent me a letter for renewal and tbh im not renewing it just like most say there not worth the paper it's written on.

return the letter, with cover note, state im not coverd to take you on, sorry theres nothing i can do
Mark.W

28th Apr 12 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » car warrantys 23 database queries in 0.0096591 seconds