corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » caught speeding

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author caught speeding
tonymjem

User status: Offline
   12th May 12 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

towards the back end of last year i was caught doing 54mph in a 40 zone by a bastard with a lazer gun further down the road more bastards pulled me over an issued me with a speeding fine i had to pay within 14 days so me being me left it till the last day to pay it an couldn't find my licence so i had to phone the local ticket office up the put a extra 14 days on it to pay while i orderd a new licence of dvla.

1 week later my licence arrived from dvla and i could not be arsed paying the fine yet so i phoned the local ticket office up again told them i still have not got my licence yet an they advised me to wright to them requesting to take the fine to court and to state in the letter that i had not received my new licence from dvla.

so many months later i wake up this morning to a big brown envelope from mersey side police in side was a letter from the courts asking me to attend court on the 6th of june about the speeding fine also enclosed in the envelope was a signed copies of the police officers statement who was in control of the speeding gun that day he clearly states in it i was doing 54 mph in a 40mph zone in a blue Peugeot 306 registration N203 NRW

the only problem is MY CAR AT THE TIME WAS A BLUE PEUGEOT 306 REGISTRATION S203 NRW

how would i go about the police officer giving in to the court a false statement and signing it as well

[Edited on 12-05-2012 by tonymjem]

[Edited on 21-06-2012 by willay]
kennySRi

12th May 12 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had plenty of fines with the wrong car model or reg written on it. I would just pay it and get on with it, you're stupid enough leaving it this long anyway and i wouldnt be surprised if they add some court costs to your fine now.

The last thing you should do is go into court acting cocky saying that the car is wrong thinking you know the law because they'll give you the maximum fine to you then.
Matty SRi

12th May 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stand up in court and say not guilty You were not driving a car with that registration. Judge will throw it out or adjurn it to give the officer more time to get the correct information.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th May 12 at 23:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pay up
tonymjem

12th May 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty SRi
Stand up in court and say not guilty You were not driving a car with that registration. Judge will throw it out or adjurn it to give the officer more time to get the correct information.

av had a little read up on it on google an some sites are saying if the copper turns up in court reads his statement out an confirms its true then the judge then asked me if i plea guilty or not guilty an i plead not guilty an state i was not driving the car with that reg on it i will walk away with no points and no fine as thats not the car i was driving
kennySRi

12th May 12 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you not sign something when you got pulled over though? They got your name and address right and the reg out by one letter but coincidently got the correct make, model and colour correct.

I know what i would be doing...
JaffaTB

12th May 12 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would only have been 60 quid and 3 points wouldn't it? I would have just paid up
tonymjem

12th May 12 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
Did you not sign something when you got pulled over though? They got your name and address right and the reg out by one letter but coincidently got the correct make, model and colour correct.

I know what i would be doing...

no they actually got my wrong address as well they sent it all to my ex girlfriends house i had to sign a speeding slip or producer thing at the road side that has the right reg on it just that officer who i singed that with has made a statement with the wrong reg on it
tonymjem

12th May 12 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
I would only have been 60 quid and 3 points wouldn't it? I would have just paid up

i couldent just pay up as i lost my licence an had to order a new 1 from dvla
kennySRi

12th May 12 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well either way it got sent to an address available for you so either to the one you told them about or the car is registered to. You have signed the speeding ticket and that had your reg on so i really dont see how you're going to get out of it, you were obviously there and obviously the driver speeding. I really dont think the courts are going to give two shits if one of the officers wrote down a wrong letter whilst filling in a statement.

But it's not me in court so it's upto you, the fine will probably be the same either way but it would make it a hassle free and easy court visit. Not to mention the fact that you deserve the small fine and points and you should of paid it last year
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tonymjem
quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB

i couldent just pay up as i lost my licence an had to order a new 1 from dvla

but when you got it you should have just paid it. dont understand why you would want it to go to court
stan_the_man

13th May 12 at 01:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar event. Ignored all reminders, and even the citation for court. Case was dropped as it didn't come to a conclusion within 6 months. Only in Scottish law can that happen though :-)
Steve
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 01:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't make d difference, will go down as an admin error and you will end up with a bigger fine for pleading not guilty especially if it gets adjourned for the officer to get more evidence
corsatdi

13th May 12 at 05:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small error in which will have no bearing on a speeding ticket in court. If you plead not guilty the mistake will be realised when the case is reviewed and the officer will do another statement stating i made a mistake in my previous statement. It will not get you off
Alex_Rally

13th May 12 at 05:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get why as when your licence got sent out from the dvla u didnt just pay it, i have a mate like you, had baylifts ringing him over 30quid from argoshe owed , just because he couldnt be arsed to ring up and pay it.
the lads got plenty cash he is just lazy as fuk.

[Edited on 13-05-2012 by Alex_Rally]
harrybanks

13th May 12 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why couldn't you be arsed to pay it to save all the hassle? If you couldn't be arsed to pay and sounds like you have no intention of doing so, why did you apply for a new licence to pay the fine etc?
sc0ott

13th May 12 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont get why you need to take your licence to pay a fine?

Whatever happens its your own fault for being lazy and not paying.
Generation

13th May 12 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got yourself into this situation by speeding (yes we all do
It)
Wait until last day, tey kindly extend it for you, and you still playing silly buggers. Deserve it tbh
corsadonk
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Knob end, hope they give you nice big fine.
Fro

13th May 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure why you're calling them bastards when you were doing 54 in a 40?
Graeme
Premium Member

13th May 12 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What an idiot!!!!!

well least you now can waste some time of the courts, waste some money that people pay in tax and hopefully you will have the maximum fine given to you. You will go to court, waste the time of the magistrates and then hopefully they will be hard on you.

Have fun.
Generation

13th May 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's cool to hate the police, a call them when you're in trouble don't forget
Krazeedude

15th May 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is why I don't hate the police. They're actually useful. I F**KING hate speed cameras and speed vans though, they make everyone freak out and pay more attention to their speedo than what's on the road. I've already had one person hit me from behind from not paying attention, I'd hate for an animal to run out or something and cause another. Where I live, there's a van who's occasionally at the bottom of my road, which often has Foxes, Rabbits, munkjacks and the like try and play chicken.

[Edited on 15-05-2012 by Krazeedude]
nibnob21
Premium Member

15th May 12 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Police are 'bastards' for catching you doing 14 miles an hour over the limit? Grow up and stop being such a bell. Pay the fine and stop wasting the tax payers money you tit.

MX5 Project Thread
SXI - Matt

15th May 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why try and avoid it your own fault so pay and save your self hassle as you will be liable to pay the court costs if you let it go that far as your at fault. You'll be wishing you just paid the £60 at the beginning of this all after the fine and charges you'll have from court

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » caught speeding 23 database queries in 0.2474170 seconds