corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People that have driven Ferrari's & Lamborghini's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People that have driven Ferrari's & Lamborghini's
kz

User status: Offline
20th May 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had one of those experience days the other day, well my mate did and I paid myself to get a go. You know if anything it's made the cars a bit less special for me. Unfortunately the track wasn't really long enough I felt... to get the most out of them.

Also tbh they weren't that much faster than my old 320bhp Impreza.

I did like how low you sat though. Still looked amazing, although the interiors were poor imo, maybe I should have had a go in the Aston! Anyone else feel a little disappointment after getting your hands on one of these beasts? I guess if nothing else it's something to tick off my bucket list!
Ben G

20th May 12 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the aston v8 vantage disappointed me a little as i had an old instructor but the noise was great.

the ferrari f430 scuderia was absolutely wonderful though and it made the car even more special to me. i had a young instructor who let me push on a bit. the noise was inside, couldn't hear anything else. the gear changes were also lightening quick.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a double experiance day a few months back, drove a ariel atom and a porsche 997 turbo (i think) cant remember which porsche exactly it was. But the porsche did let me down a tad, interiour wise it was quite nice. Just seem'd a bit boring though. I think i built my hopes up so much for a powerfull machine. And it was more of a lux relaxing drive with a deecent amount of umpfff haha
The ariel was unreal to say the least though. A effort to drive it but that was put to one side by the brute force of the thing
Steve
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem isn't the cars its the fact rightly or wrongly you aren't allowed to explore the cars properly. I reckon I have more fun in a ford puma on a normal track day then a supercar with dual controls
connollygt30

20th May 12 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought ford pumas are supercars?
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what I've heard from numerous people, I'll stick to chucking my Corsa around tracks without a care in the world rather than drive a supercar with a passenger telling me when to do this and when to do that.
kz

20th May 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
I thought ford pumas are supercars?

They are!

They do rally days too... that's what the Puma & Impreza are for, that's the Lamborghini that I drove.

They had an Atom there but unfortunately it was the only one we weren't allowed to drive.

Have to admit it's given me a bit of a taste though. I've never tracked my own car but I'd really like to have longer on there. After I've got my suspension upgrades sorted I might look into it. Any advice of getting into it for a complete beginner?
BarnshaW

20th May 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think people forget that they are potentially 100k+ cars so they are hardly going to let joe bloggs off the street fly it around the track thinking they are the stig

Steve
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I don't blame them for doing it tbh
LeeM

20th May 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't do an experience day because of thy, would feel like a waste of time and money if you can't drive it properly fast.
But remember a supercar isn't always about speed, its definitely true you can go faster for less. They're about image and luxury etc as well

[Edited on 20-05-2012 by LeeM]
Mike
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 12:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, obviously they're not going to let you give it proper stick but then what's the point in driving one on a track? Even as Lee said, image and luxury, both completely pointless when you're on a track, everyone who sees you there knows it's not your car and the luxury you aren't bothered about because you just want to drive fast but you can't do that either.
Oli_p

20th May 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they do something to the cars that restrict the power from what i was told, as last time i went on one, they had just got a new lambo and were saying it wasnt restricted yet, but chap who you went out with in it makes you drive it like miss daisy and pretty much tells you to keep it in 4th the whole way round the track
kz

20th May 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah our's were 3rd & 4th the entire way...

For the record the Lamborghini sounded like a Ford Fiesta at low speeds, utterly unimpressed. Whereas the Ferrari sounded fucking brutal.
AK

20th May 12 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just do a track day in your own car for the same price!
Ben G

20th May 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Yeah, obviously they're not going to let you give it proper stick but then what's the point in driving one on a track? Even as Lee said, image and luxury, both completely pointless when you're on a track, everyone who sees you there knows it's not your car and the luxury you aren't bothered about because you just want to drive fast but you can't do that either.

a track is a safe place to do these experience days. they're hardly going to take you out on the public highway to do an experience day are they?

they're in control of what happens on the track, so the risk is massively small, compared to some old biddy going into the back of you at a set of traffic lights on the open road.

i thoroughly enjoyed my experience. anyone who hasn't been one but spouts internet crap needs to do one for themselves and form their own opinion, rather than being a jeremy clarkson clone.
kz

20th May 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
just do a track day in your own car for the same price!

Yes I want to! 180bhp should be enough fun me thinks...
Mike
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
i thoroughly enjoyed my experience. anyone who hasn't been one but spouts internet crap needs to do one for themselves and form their own opinion, rather than being a jeremy clarkson clone.

Hang on a second, Jeremy Clarkson clone? You're the one who's drove a Ferrari for 20 minutes and now thinks he knows best. What is the point in driving someone else's Ferrari around a track whilst they're telling you not to do this and not to do that. If I can afford my own one day, I may consider buying one and using it how I want to use it, if that doesn't happen, I'll die without driving a Ferrari, can't say I'm particularly arsed.

I'd rather save my money and stick with the opinion I have now, I'd rather drive my Corsa on track in the style that I want to drive it rather than a Ferrari in the reserved style someone else wants me to drive it, not that you'd even get to the point of wanting to properly push it in the very limited time you get to drive it for.
Ben G

20th May 12 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why are you in this thread then if you're not bothered about driving a lambo/ferrari on track on an experience day? seems a bit strange considering the original posted has asked something quite specific.

of course they won't let you push the car to the limit. they don't know you, know how you drive or if you're even a competent driver.

they obviously have a lot of control over what you can and can't do in the car but that's not to say it's crap and not worth it.

most of us will never get the opportunity to drive or be a passenger in an exotic car in our lives. this gives people the chance to do that.

i was also quite happy doing 120mph at thruxton. it certainly got my heart pumping more than when i've done that myself in my own car.
Corsa_Sport21

20th May 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People are missing the point of these Supercar Experience days. The clue is in the name.

Of course they aren't going to let you rag the shit out of it. You are paying to experience driving a supercar. Something that most of us will never experience unless you do 1 of these days.

And doing it on a track is probably a bit safer than doing it out on the open road.
Mike
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 23:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He asked did anyone else feel disappointed after an experience day and from the stories I've heard, there seems to be a higher percentage of disappointed people than people who were completely happy with the experience.

I'm sure doing 120mph in a supercar would get your heart pumping seeing as it's a strange car to you and you don't know it but the fella at the side of you does know it and he makes sure it stays well within its limits. When I jump in my Corsa, I know it, it's upto me how it gets driven and when I do it properly I come back into the paddock shaking with the adrenaline despite not actually going over 100 mph, as was the case at the weekend. Plus it was cheaper than an experience day and I've still got the car to use whenever I want to.
Mike
Premium Member

20th May 12 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
People are missing the point of these Supercar Experience days. The clue is in the name.

Of course they aren't going to let you rag the shit out of it. You are paying to experience driving a supercar. Something that most of us will never experience unless you do 1 of these days.

And doing it on a track is probably a bit safer than doing it out on the open road.

I know exactly what they're about but a lot of people don't seem to realise until they walk away, disappointed at how restricted their experience was. It's because I know what they're about that I have no interest in doing one. I don't see the big deal in driving someone else's supercar. If I make it and I decide to buy my own, great I'll drive it till the cows come home but paying to drive someone else's when for less money I can do a trackday, where I drive my own car, for a longer period of time, in the manner I want to drive and get more excitement from it, then I don't see the point. I have no interest in telling people I've drove a Ferrari/Lambo etc.
Ben G

20th May 12 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
He asked did anyone else feel disappointed after an experience day and from the stories I've heard, there seems to be a higher percentage of disappointed people than people who were completely happy with the experience.

I'm sure doing 120mph in a supercar would get your heart pumping seeing as it's a strange car to you and you don't know it but the fella at the side of you does know it and he makes sure it stays well within its limits. When I jump in my Corsa, I know it, it's upto me how it gets driven and when I do it properly I come back into the paddock shaking with the adrenaline despite not actually going over 100 mph, as was the case at the weekend. Plus it was cheaper than an experience day and I've still got the car to use whenever I want to.

don't get me wrong i'd love to do a trackday in my car but then if i bin it i'd want to kill myself, replacement tyres/brakes cost a fortune and obviously if anyone else hit's my car i'd be buggered.

i don't have the money to risk that right now unfortunately.
Nic Barnes

21st May 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather drive a Ferrari even slowly than a ford puma wtf is this Steve clown talking about?
Colin

21st May 12 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just opening up a door to whats for most something unachievable. No different from staying in a penthouse hotel suite for the night or eating in a fancy restaurant.

Its an experience, take it at what it is and you wont be disappointed.
Nic Barnes

21st May 12 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly. It's driving far more expensive luxury cars which tbh will be pretty slow and un exciting for me but it's the luxurious experience.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People that have driven Ferrari's & Lamborghini's 22 database queries in 0.2244260 seconds