corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Turf / Lawn Care

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Turf / Lawn Care
Mertin

User status: Offline
25th May 12 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking for some tips on the above
Just had turf laid on wednesday and got the house today so its in my hands. Watered twice a day (buying a sprinkler tomorrow) I have been walking on it which I now know you shouldnt do.
Going to get some feed for it to get it the best I can, any other tips? Such as spiking it at all or anything else to add to it?
Gary
Premium Member

26th May 12 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just soaked it. It'll grow like mad with the weather now.
Ben G

26th May 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i soaked mine every day for a couple of weeks after. wait for the sun to down down first as the water won't evaporate then.

wouldn't bother with any feed personally. it will grow like mad with the heat/sun. i had to cut mine every week as it was going a few inches.
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th May 12 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep off it for a week, plenty water! Don't feed fresh turf!

Before cutting make sure it's roots have got a good hold as lawn mower could lift it!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

27th May 12 at 22:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont water it during the day it will scortch the grass with the heat from the sun.

only do it at night
Mertin

29th May 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been watering at night or when the sun has went away. Been dull the past 2 days so its probably held its water better. Got feed and weed but its not to be used until 6 months so that can wait. Got the mower sitting ready but like you's have said I wouldnt be keen on cutting it jus yet, until it really needs it and has had a chance to take a hold

New Poll