corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW coilover

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW coilover
Edges 58

User status: Offline
28th May 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I posted before that i have just bought a E46 330ci clubsport. The car came with budget coilovers which do go low enough to look ace buuuuuuuuttttttttt........... I want a much better ride quality from it.

Wanting to get some very good coilovers for it but have no clue what's good for these cars. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what makes are worth the money? The car will be mainly used everyday on the road but will venture on to the track as often as i can.

Thanks

[Edited on 28-05-2012 by Edges 58]
Rob E

28th May 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably better asking on a BMW forum tbh.

with regards to your current coilovers, you make it sound like tha car is "slammed/stanced y0" which has probably taken away from the ride quality significantly. I would recommend raising the car up slightly to regain some suspension travel and get it off the bump stops. At least this way you will be able to slightly improve the ride quality until you find a more up market suspension kit
Edges 58

28th May 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have posted on BMW forums too.. it's just i know there's a few BMW people on here and plenty of people who like/know a bit about track ready stuff.... thought it'd be worth a punt.

It is fairly slammed but plenty of travel left in the pistons.... roughly 3-4 inches left on the adjusters. but thanks.. I'll see about trying that
broster
Premium Member

28th May 12 at 18:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bilstein pss9 would be a good choice, or bc racing do a good kit
redtom

28th May 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have some sort of FK ones on mine which were pretty cheap and the ride is comparable to standard ride if not better as i had a snapped spring anyway
Rob E

28th May 12 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

might be worth seeing is there is any interchangability between models too to gain some extra travel. I have a Mk1 mx5 and if I fit mk2 mx5 topmounts I can gain an extra inch of suspension travel which is much needed on the mk1. They have very short suspension travel on the rear
Edges 58

28th May 12 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, does anyone know of any set ups that include rear coilovers instead of springs and shocks?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW coilover 22 database queries in 0.0079422 seconds