corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Diet advice (p90x)... please

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Diet advice (p90x)... please
Matt L

User status: Offline
28th May 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right... i intend to attempt p90x once my exams are out of the way that way... i should be done (well 89days) before i go on holiday...

now the problem for me will be the diet/supplements as I have IBS which *touch wood* lately has been relitively ok however it can kick off when ever it feels like it , I have noticed a few foods that seemed to start it off so i will pointblank refuse to eat them now (this list seems to get bigger by the day tbh hence why i think i will seriously stuggle to have any form of decent diet) however i am willing to give it ago.

right foods i cant/wont eat or dont like.
- Nuts / dried fruit / cottage cheese
- Tomato / Tomato based sauces/ Onions / Garlic
- for some reason i have never been keen on any white sauces either so that pretty much leaves just bbq .

I also wont be taking any kind of protein shake or supplements purely as ibs diets tend to advice against high protein intake (again i know this means i wont get the gains i could) + im convinced this kicked the whole thing off as i tried a shake for a week then the whole saga started.

so yeah... quite limited really i think, but any advice would be greatly appreciated.

will be interesting to see how many days i stick it out tbh

edit: forgot to mention breakfast tends to be something i can eat whilst on the way into work as i am out of the house by 7 most mornings and dont intend to get up any earlier than i do now

[Edited on 28-05-2012 by Matt L]
Nismo

28th May 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i wouldn't even bother, if you cant be ass'd to get up and have a proper breakfast that your body would require then there is no point, as that clearly shows your willingness to stick to it.

You haven't actually said what you want to gain from it? weight loss or gain mass?
Matt L

29th May 12 at 05:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably more mass than weight loss as I'm only 10st so can't really lose much.

In regards to breakfast I will try it but if it means waking up at stupid times to cook then I'll have to think of a different ways around it.
Dan
Premium Member

29th May 12 at 06:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if you get up 10 mins early and have a bowl of porridge or weetabix it's well worth it. I notice a massive difference when I get up at 5 and eat before work at 6, rather than Gettin up at 5:45 and rushing to work.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Robbo

29th May 12 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cooked breakfast?? Even a bowl of porridge and 2 slices of wholemeal toast is a great start!
noshua

29th May 12 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at the videos/responses people have had from P90X and what you've said, I wouldn't bother. I'd just get a 12 week 'mass gain' routine from bodybuilding.com and see what you gain from it
Whittie

29th May 12 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3000+ calories a day and get down the gym, results will be much better.
Robbo

29th May 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

haha i only consume about 1500 on a good day probs why i am lean and muscley but no bulk at all
Russ

29th May 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
haha i only consume about 1500 on a good day probs why i am lean and muscley but no bulk at all
i wont even begin to begin.
Whittie

29th May 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
i wont even begin to begin.

Where you been hiding
Matt L

29th May 12 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

that sounds loads but suppose its only 500 more than the the rda.

according to the p90x spreadsheet i need near enough 3k calories on the level 1 diet.

[Edited on 29-05-2012 by Matt L]
Whittie

29th May 12 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that much, few bowls of pasta extra per day, or if you've not got much of an apetite, have a few protein shakes, between meals untill you're ready to eat more etc.
sc0ott

29th May 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Youre going to need it if you want to gain weight.

Have your 3 main meals a day, find a weight gain supplement that wont affect your ibs and drink that between your meals, and have something else between your meals and weight gain supplement (ambrosia rice is good but probably wont suit you).

The weight will just fly on.
Ben G

29th May 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

+ 3000 calories is fuck all. man up boy.
Fro

29th May 12 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a good level for Matt judging by his eating habits.

I was going for 4k a day (not full of crap) And was gaining weight nicely. Stopped when i came back from Malia in sept Back on it soon.
Ben G

29th May 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to be 10 stone before i started. currently 12.5 stone although haven't done anything since my accident last february
sc0ott

29th May 12 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be 10st when i first started, now im at 13st 10.

Pisses me off when people accuse me of being on the juice. Normally those who dont know me or those who i last saw at high school.
Nismo

29th May 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eat big, get big

but be prepared for a belly for a bit, if you get good gains then people won't notice the belly, then once you reach a level your content at cut and work the abs.
Matt L

29th May 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh i dont want to be huge, just bigger than i am, I think the aim for 3k calories is probably best for me as im pretty sure i dont get anywhere near that now.

I also dont want to be massively heavy thinking 11.5-12.5 and ill be happy aslong as its not fat that being pilled on.

been on that bodybuilding site most of the night reading up on things.
jacko198

29th May 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im the same, IBS is shit

You need to up your protien count tbh, even if you do it by eating chicken 5 times a day. I had protien shakes, they arent the best for it, and hour after drinking it i can feel abit dodgy, but its never caused it to kick off bad.

Eggs dont work with me either which is annoying!

See if you can get some protein shakes and try it for a week. It might be bad at first, but after a day or 2 you should get used to it, i find a healthier diet calms it down an awfull lot!
Nismo

29th May 12 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont forget fish and lots of it, tuna, mackerel, salmon, prawns all got high protein and the good oils in!
Matt L

30th May 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Salmon = i hate it had it constantly for like a month thanks to mum (well it felt like it anyway).

Ill see whats around and what i can try.

oh btw, as i will be excercising around 6 (once i get in from work) what would be the best time to eat after it?

as i dont want to eat too late but obviously dont want to make myself ill from eating too soon after working out.
Fro

30th May 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually try to eat within 30-45 minutes as its meant to be the time your muscles are most absorbent to nutrients.
sc0ott

30th May 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have my tea anytime after 6.30 and im at the gym for 7.30. Sometimes i would finish my tea just before i leave. Then i have my weight gainer at 9.

[Edited on 30-05-2012 by sc0ott]
jacko198

30th May 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It says in the guide.

Dont eat an hour after you have worked out. Take a recovery drink straight after, that way all the good nutrients are going to get absorbed, and you can guaranty there will be no fat etc going in

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Diet advice (p90x)... please 24 database queries in 0.0159039 seconds