corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thieving *****

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thieving *****
John

User status: Offline
2nd Jun 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a new boiler fitted today, been at it since this morning.

All the old stuff piled at the front door.

Left my house to get dinner, by the time I've got back the boiler, a radiator and anything else that might be worth any money is away.

Actual theft but it just seems to go on all day every day
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

2nd Jun 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saves you taking it to the tip
John

2nd Jun 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The radiator wasn't going to the tip and the rest is obviously worth money.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Jun 12 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Metal is almost cash, not condoning it but the stuff is valuable.
Phillips_91

2nd Jun 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
saves you taking it to the tip

Its still theft and fucking annoying, gypo's took my old cylinder head off my corsa when it was sat in the front garden can't leave anything outside the front of your own property ffs!!
JaffaTB

2nd Jun 12 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scrap man drives up and down my street about 2 or 3 times a day, different ones not the same one, my neighbours mountain bike ended up on the back of one
John

2nd Jun 12 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cylinder was round the side, cunt missed that. Tempted to leave it out as a honey trap.

There was a car left at the house so they've obviously been watching enough during the day to know that I was last one out.

I'd have expected it to go missing eventually but not even being able to go out for dinner ffs.
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

2nd Jun 12 at 21:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm always wary they'll take the corsa haha.

Robbing bastards in my village too.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Ben G

2nd Jun 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my dad does weekend jobs for people fitting kitchens and building stuff.

he keeps all the scrap stuff (metal, doors, etc) and piles it up outisde his garage door at the bottom of his garden.

couple months back he had shit loads ready to take to the scrapman. woke up and went to put it in his car and some cunt had nicked it all.

you have to open massive gates that have pvc backing on so you can't see what's behind them. must have been watching him one day.

it's unbelievable these days. i won't even leave my puma out the garage overnight just incase some cunt comes and wheels the shell away.
John

2nd Jun 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pisses me off more because I've actually been working hard all day and only tried to get some dinner, instead of just driving round stealing other people shit then paying to get my boiler fitted.
mattant

2nd Jun 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JaffaTB
scrap man drives up and down my street about 2 or 3 times a day, different ones not the same one, my neighbours mountain bike ended up on the back of one

Same, I left my old metal bed outside and it was gone within a couple of house (I wanted it gone), they've only every once knocked on the door and asked if they can take something
leon.

3rd Jun 12 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's great at work when we need rid of fridges etc.............. Gone next morning goodbye fee to have it collected and disposed of.
SetH

3rd Jun 12 at 07:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scavenging cunts! like vultures, low life slum dwelling organisms.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 07:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have 2 or 3 different scrap men/pikeys that come round our way. It's annoying as you feel like you can't leave anything without it going missing, and can't work on anything without getting hassled for 'any scrap mate' we've had a few things go missing, and I've noticed one of the pikeys sends what I'm assuming is his son around to walk up the street following the van, but also nipping in and out of gardens to see what's there.

Also only last week I parked my works 08 iveco tipper up for the night, started it up at 6 the next morning to it sounding like a tank .. Some cunt had robbed the exhaust system from the down pipe back .. I thought they'd taken the whole lot but I found the back box and a neat
Pile of nuts, bolts and washers tucked nicely against my garden wall.
Apparently nobody round here saw or heard anything you can't trust anyone these days

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 08:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Considering the number of pikeys round here, it doesn't seem that bad at home. At work it never takes long for things to go, comes in handy at times just leave scrap chillers and CO2 bottles outside and they get shifted in no time. I hated leaving my old Corsa there after I crashed it though, had so many nightmares about it getting nicked.
bracey123

3rd Jun 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I left two engines in my driveway 1 an old 1.2 8v and the other a c20xe went out to work on it one day to find the corsa had been rolled back and they had taken the 1.2 haha xe had drag marks as if they tried to take it but someone spooked them or something :/ safe to say that engine was swiftly put in the corsa that night!!
corsajay88

3rd Jun 12 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would never leave anything outside and hope someone would take it. All it takes is for then to have a quick look through the window see what you have and they'll be in next time you go out.
Gaz

3rd Jun 12 at 09:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where I used to live we got no scrap men but this shithole estate has loads of them.

My brother's place was worse though, he had an old clio on his driveway and the scrap (typo) man knocked on his door and asked him if he wanted it shifting. My brother obviously replied No and a week later caught the fuckers trying to drag it onto a low loader. They just don't give a fuck about anything.

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by Gaz]
mattk

3rd Jun 12 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably wouldnt have got much for it anyway, I know its far beyond the point and Id be pissed off like.

but a boiler and some rads, probably £20 tops?

I took 7 rads and a floor standing Ideal Mexico the other week and got £45 for it, the Mexico was 110KG and took 3 of us to move it. by the time I had drove there and cut my hands to ribbons getting it on and off I couldnt be arsed better it gets recycled than tipping it though imo

its beyond a joke for gypos round here now though
JamesMc

3rd Jun 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its gotten quite bad round here now, they got bullocked by the council not too long ago and now you see them have some pieces of plastic around the flat bed all saying there envoirmental recycling agencies etc when its all handdrawn
Theham85

3rd Jun 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happened to my old man as well, had a pile of scrap sitting there, council came to pick it up and they told him that there was nothing there haha. Thieving cunts!
Cavey

3rd Jun 12 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see a couple of them a day on my postie round, pikeys cunts, drive me crazy. They always seem to have a full load though.

On the otherwise of it, I used cartakeback.com the other day to scrap my old saxo, got 145 for it, well chuffed

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by Cavey]
Callum

3rd Jun 12 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pikey bastards
Lawrah
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry mate didn't realise you were keeping it.
Bonney

3rd Jun 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mike
Considering the number of pikeys round here, it doesn't seem that bad at home. At work it never takes long for things to go, comes in handy at times just leave scrap chillers and CO2 bottles outside and they get shifted in no time. I hated leaving my old Corsa there after I crashed it though, had so many nightmares about it getting nicked.

Mike, They are all sniffing around that huge gas tower getting demolished!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Thieving ***** 23 database queries in 0.0935321 seconds