corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Blanked EGR Engine Management light?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blanked EGR Engine Management light?
JordyCarter

User status: Offline
5th Jun 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay so i dont know much about this but ive been offerd a corsa sport 1.6 it looks great but the only fault he names is that at 2500rpm the engine management light comes on due to the egr being blanked? it has a vx inlet aswel. Can anyone shed any light into this for me?

[Edited on 05-06-2012 by JordyCarter]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

5th Jun 12 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine had a mantzel and a blanked egr

my eml only ever came on if i was doing over 100 for about 10 mins
shaunmods
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 11:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the EGR isnt plugged in.
Jed D

6th Jun 12 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont understand why people blank it personally, mines runs sweet as a nut and i haven't bothered

just use it as a bartering point jordan, nowt real to worry about

[Edited on 06-06-2012 by Jed D]
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Jun 12 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people blank it because the are prone to breaking. and £100 for a new one
corsajay88

6th Jun 12 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
mine had a mantzel and a blanked egr

my eml only ever came on if i was doing over 100 for about 10 mins

mine does it if i coast from 70+ to 50 on the motorway, doesn't cause any problems and goes off when i switch the ignition off and on.
johnhara1

6th Jun 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id flash the codes to make sure it is the EGR but even if it's not, it's not a big deal.

If he's blanked it, he should have offset it so the plunger inside can still move. If he's just whacked the blanking plate under the egr it will flag a code.

New Poll