corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » FAO anyone that knows a bit of Objective C

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FAO anyone that knows a bit of Objective C
Sam
Premium Member

User status: Offline
6th Jun 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When you create an iOS app in Xcode, and you have a scene set up within the storyboard that has a text field, how do you get the keypad to go away in the simulator (and similarly on an actual iOS device)?

I found some code on the web that makes it go away if I press the Return key on my Mac keyboard, but obviously if you are using an iOS device you won't have a physical keyboard so I would like the keypad to go away when you say tap on the background screen for example.

This is definitely a steep learning curve for me!
AndyKent

7th Jun 12 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you tried it on a live device?

I would have expected that as soon as the text field loses focus the keyboard would automatically disappear - something that iOS handles rather than the app itself....
Sam
Premium Member

7th Jun 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good old YouTube saved the day in the end, here's a link in case anyone is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgnRjp1ZEkY

New Poll