corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People with 1 child and a 3door car

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People with 1 child and a 3door car
DanCobb

User status: Offline
7th Jun 12 at 22:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it alot of hastle getting the car seat in and out? Do you wish you had a 4door?

Looking for a new car at the mo and the girlfriend is bugging me for a 4door :/.
Piér

7th Jun 12 at 22:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you and the girlfriend are together I suggest getting a 4 door.
Especially with a newborn, the seats are a lot more awkward when they are newborn.

I have a 3 year old and he can't yet get into the car and its a right PITA, especially if you are parked on a hill and the seat wont stay forwards...

Go 4 door.
Ojc

7th Jun 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have both
_Allan_

7th Jun 12 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

roof rack
corsajay88

8th Jun 12 at 06:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DanCobb
Is it alot of hastle getting the car seat in and out? Do you wish you had a 4door?

Looking for a new car at the mo and the girlfriend is bugging me for a 4door :/.

I have a son and have always had 3 doors.corsa's as well. No problem at all. I don't see where the problem is. I had a 4 door corsa for i while and found it was a pain getting him in and out because the space at the back is norrower
cpcrampton

8th Jun 12 at 06:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not an issue, iv got a 3 year old and a misses with a BMW coupe, and a 172 cup before that.
richc

8th Jun 12 at 07:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate got his missus up the duff - Child has been here for nearly 8 months now and never had any complaints (megane 225).
Jed D

8th Jun 12 at 07:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got the one bairn and personally prefer a 3 door to a 5. when we had the 5door mk4 astra is was harder to her in because you were doing it from the side of the seat whereas the 3door corsa is spot on IMO.
besides, shes at that age now where she gets herself in and out, i just need to fasten her seatbelt. easy
Ben J

8th Jun 12 at 07:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had an Astra VXR with 1 child. Not a big issue for me. Easier with 5 door obviously. Missus had a 3 door Corsa D too at the time.

We've 2 kids now and we both got 5 door cars. The Corsa screwed Jen's back lifting baby seat in and out but tbh her back was screwed before that anyway.

[Edited on 08-06-2012 by Ben J]
JaffaTB

8th Jun 12 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its easy, I do it with my 3 door without any trouble

btw, another new car? lol
scottyp1989

8th Jun 12 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not all that bad tbh, easier with a 5 door but still doable with a 3, or make it really easy and buy somethin with loads of room like a rangerover like i did and its simple
Jon_C
Premium Member

8th Jun 12 at 08:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We have a 3 dr corsa D and never had a problem. Easier than when I put the seat in my mates 320 tourer and the father in laws land cruiser
John

8th Jun 12 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not got a kid but it was bad enough trying to get in the back of the missus' 3 door Corsa D, the mechanism didn't feel like it would be any good to do that multiple times a day to get a kid in and out.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 12 at 10:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they dont make forward reclining seats like they used to, what happened to lifting a latch and a seat falling forward?

now you pull a lever and literally hvae to use most of your effort to force it forward, doesnt seem like progression to me
flybikeslee

8th Jun 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the boot
taylorboosh

8th Jun 12 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
they dont make forward reclining seats like they used to, what happened to lifting a latch and a seat falling forward?

now you pull a lever and literally hvae to use most of your effort to force it forward, doesnt seem like progression to me

Clearly weak as fuck if you struggle to tilt a seat forward
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 12 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not so much the tilting, its that the seats are now on sliders and you have to shove the whole seat forward aswell as tilting it, its not so much as that i struggle its just extra effort that didnt exist before, i imagine makes it extremely difficult for a women with a baby in one arm, fighting the seat trying to spring back on its runners at the same time

[Edited on 08-06-2012 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 12 at 10:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put it this way you cant these days tilt a seat let go of it and climb in, you actually have to hold the seat from sliding back now, especially if you are on any sort of upwards slope
taylorboosh

8th Jun 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My seat tilts easily m8. R U trying to tilt fixed buckets?
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 12 at 10:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probably

maybe yours is ok, most modern cars iv used hvae been a bit of a pita to climb into
taylorboosh

8th Jun 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't worry, least 2 years till your lass starts puberty anyway... Risk free
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 12 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at least 5 years until i have a kid with anyone
Piér

8th Jun 12 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
its not so much the tilting, its that the seats are now on sliders and you have to shove the whole seat forward aswell as tilting it, its not so much as that i struggle its just extra effort that didnt exist before, i imagine makes it extremely difficult for a women with a baby in one arm, fighting the seat trying to spring back on its runners at the same time

[Edited on 08-06-2012 by Steve]

This
corsa_sean

8th Jun 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my missues prefers 3 doors for some odd reason
mattk

8th Jun 12 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
probably

maybe yours is ok, most modern cars iv used hvae been a bit of a pita to climb into

if you are on about the ones in the swift then you are right. they are shit and stupid.

Get a van. put the kid on the middle seat. problem solved

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People with 1 child and a 3door car 22 database queries in 0.0194449 seconds