corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone recommend me a wax?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone recommend me a wax?
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Jun 12 at 09:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just bought myself a machine polisher with some pads and polishes, however my brother has taken the wax and applicator with him when he moved

We used to have dodo juice candy gloss, and it worked a treat, but i was wondering if anyone has used or is useing any other wax's and how do they rate them
Bareing in mind i dont want to be spending anything over say £50 a pot
cpcrampton

16th Jun 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try this website, someone on here pointed me here and i found it very helpfull.

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=e9981b50c32f54e1e7518e7ef2f07924
BluKoo

16th Jun 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could try this...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/blackfire-midnight-sun-paste-wax.html

It gives good results on similar coloured paintwork.

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by BluKoo]
Ben G

16th Jun 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

collinite 476s.

doesn't smell fancy nor does it have a nice label that will get you internet points.

but it's one of the best budget waxes on the market at less than £20 and will last 6 months-1 year with one application.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collinite-476s-Wax-and-1-x-Soft-Applicator-Pad-Offer-/140747649922?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item20c536b382#ht_500wt_969

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by Ben G]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps, that colonite stuff ben, is it actualy good, seems abit cheap haha. I know it sounds daft but it seems too cheap to be as good as some of the other competitors

Also blukoo, it will be used on the ginger corsa, and my red un laqured polo. So will more than likley be used ontop of a glaze
Any of them 2 safe for useing ontop of glazes?
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Collinite 476s as do many other people I know. Never heard a single bad review of it. As Ben said, it's a no nuisance product with no frilly edges. It works, it's cheap.

MX5 Project Thread
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmmmm, there are some good reviews on it tbh
may give it a go :/
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always heard good things about the 476s. You can use any wax or sealant over a glaze (as far as I'm aware at least) - I've certainly never had problems when using a couple of different waxes over a glaze.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From what ive read (and correct me if im wrong) some glazes need carubana (sp) wax or they go dull and cloudy :/
Corsa_Sport21

16th Jun 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Meguire's Deep Chrystal polish and wax. Does the job fine, and can normally be had on offer at Halfrauds 3 for 2.

Its also a carnauba wax.
l88fty
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't go wrong with Autoglym High-Def Wax. I've used it on metallic & direct gloss paint jobs, on mostly Red or Black cars, looked amazing.

This was after a Clay Bar treatment, compound pad with DoDo Juice Lime Prime & a finishing pad with 3M polish. Remember the WAX will only decorate the paint work, you need to clean, treat, correct & polish before applying wax

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
MarkM

16th Jun 12 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to go for Autoglym SRP then Werkstat Sealent over silver paintwork.
Piér

16th Jun 12 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll have a bit of trouble using a sealant over a glaze as they have trouble bonding to all the oils left behind by the glaze.
Collinites 476, even though cheap is one of the most durable hybrid waxes on the market.
It's a brilliant wax If you are on a budget I would suggest getting that.
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my Collinite on eBay for about £15. Plus it came with a free applicator pad and microfibre cloth, can't complain with that!

MX5 Project Thread
smcGSI16V

16th Jun 12 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
collinite 476s.

doesn't smell fancy nor does it have a nice label that will get you internet points.

but it's one of the best budget waxes on the market at less than £20 and will last 6 months-1 year with one application.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collinite-476s-Wax-and-1-x-Soft-Applicator-Pad-Offer-/140747649922?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item20c536b382#ht_500wt_969

Gets a thumbs up from me.

Its what I use on the Astra as I dont get a huge amount of time to clean it. So once ever 6 months I give it a bloody good clean and use 2 coats of this and it last 6 months easy.
Really easy to use so long as you dont over apply it. A no thrills wax that does a really good job.
Phil W

16th Jun 12 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use Collinite 476s and Auto Glym HD Wax, I've heard good things about that Jap wax as well, Naviwax...

http://www.speeding.co.uk/acatalog/Naviwax_from_Japan.html
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by smcGSI16V
quote:
collinite 476s.

Gets a thumbs up from me.

Its what I use on the Astra as I dont get a huge amount of time to clean it. So once ever 6 months I give it a bloody good clean and use 2 coats of this and it last 6 months easy.
Really easy to use so long as you dont over apply it. A no thrills wax that does a really good job.

Im the same as you to be honest i dont get alot of days to spend cleaning my car, so i like to spend a hell of a long time cleaning it on the days that i do, hence wanting something hard wareing.
That colonites might be the next on my list to be honest

quote:
Originally posted by Piér
You'll have a bit of trouble using a sealant over a glaze as they have trouble bonding to all the oils left behind by the glaze.
Collinites 476, even though cheap is one of the most durable hybrid waxes on the market.

The wax itself will stick to the glaze if its carbuna (sp) wax, or so ive heard

To be honest that collinites seems to be the favourite at the moment

I was thinking about going for another dodo juice as its cheap and ive used it before. But im starting to lean towards collonites at the moment

quote:
Originally posted by l88fty
Can't go wrong with Autoglym High-Def Wax. I've used it on metallic & direct gloss paint jobs, on mostly Red or Black cars, looked amazing.

This was after a Clay Bar treatment, compound pad with DoDo Juice Lime Prime & a finishing pad with 3M polish. Remember the WAX will only decorate the paint work, you need to clean, treat, correct & polish before applying wax

Dont worry mate, it will be cleaned, clayed , polished glazed then waxed

Thanks for the advice though
Daveskater
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 16:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Really? I've not heard that before. I used Poorboy's Black Hole with Chemical Guys Blacklight over the top on my mums car, it's only just starting to wear off now after about 6 months.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Doug

16th Jun 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's good stuff!
MarkM

17th Jun 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

AG SRP is a polish not a wax. The Sealent protects the paintwork after polishing?
Daveskater
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where does SRP come into this?

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
CORSA NUT

17th Jun 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
collinite 476s.

Ben is absolutely spot on

Here is the first time I used it, amazed at the results and it still did this 3 months later.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ASa1bYa2E10

I got mine from Cleanyourcar.co.uk
Ben G

17th Jun 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a small update on the collinite.

A bird dumped its guts on my car 3 days ago. Today I went and sprayed some rapid detailer on it and left it for 10 seconds. It then wiped straight off, didn't stick or mark the paint in any way.

Good stuff it is.
craig8
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use this combo http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html
The carlac gives the silver a good bright look and the wax gives it a deep gloss an lasts ages

E36 328
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy my almost new hard candy DoDo for £22.50 delivered!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Anyone recommend me a wax? 23 database queries in 0.0191419 seconds