corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice: Light scratches removal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice: Light scratches removal
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
20th Jun 12 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Missus' TT is covered in fine linear scratches; very light and not overly noticeable. I've used a Meguiar's 3 stage treatment 3 times, Paint renovator, polish and wax and although its better, its by no means perfect.

I've told her to get it in somewhere to really bring out the best in it so to use a bodyshop or detailers to get it mopped, but she's reluctant and doesn't want to spend a fortune.

Is there anything we can do on the drive? Products or techniques for taking out hazing and light scratches. I'd post photos but they're so light I think I'd struggle to get them to show up.

Also, some div has used the tailgate for a bag or handbag and scratched the spoiler. This has happened in the past week and the missus is adamant it wasn't her so any advice on taking out deeper scratches too would be greatly appreciated.
smcGSI16V

20th Jun 12 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use gtechniq p1 with a zaino tri foam pad.

Takes some working by hand to get the best out of it but it's good stuff as its a fine cutting polish which is non deminishing. It's what I use on mine. Do a square foot area at a time and spritz with a little water to keep it working.
Will take probably a good day to do a whole car if you are working it properly to get the best result.
Ben G

20th Jun 12 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would SRP not mask the scratches? it has fillers in it that are supposed to do this.

by fine linear scratches, i'm guessing you're talking about the same ones you get after repeatedly washing with a sponge?
RichR
Premium Member

20th Jun 12 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, roof and passenger side are worst albeit not bad, it'd really sort it out a treat if I could get them done
smcGSI16V

20th Jun 12 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
would SRP not mask the scratches? it has fillers in it that are supposed to do this.

Yep.

But why mask them, for them to only reappear every few months and have to do it all over again.
Ben G

20th Jun 12 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheaper and easier than paying for someone to detail the car or buying a rotary.
smcGSI16V

20th Jun 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or a bit of elbow grease and my suggestion.
Jamie-C

20th Jun 12 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would sand them out with some 2000 grit wet and dry and then polish it back up with some G3. Your actually sanding back the clearcoat so you just need to be careful and not burn trough the clear coat, although with 2000 grit you shouldn't burn through.
John

20th Jun 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd stick some super resin on it a long time before sanding it tbh.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advice: Light scratches removal 22 database queries in 0.0111279 seconds