corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Civics EF/EG.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Honda Civics EF/EG.
JamesMc

User status: Offline
21st Jun 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there been getting insurance quotes for EG and EF shape civics and their quite reasonable soooo been trying to find some decent ones for sale, having no luck what so ever atm any good Honda or Civic forums too look specifically? All the ones i seem to go on are dead.

Thanks James.

[Edited on 21-06-2012 by JamesMc]
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 18:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EK9.org is a good site. Hondacivicforum.co.uk doesn't have much. Tried jdmy0 as well? What are you looking to spend? There's a couple of gorgeous EG's on EK9.

http://www.ek9.org/forum/cars-sale/49425-super-clean-eg6-sir2.html

And my mate is selling his very clean EE9 (UK EF9)

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/ef-honda-civic-b16a1/103755593

JamesMc

21st Jun 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was kind of hoping you would reply always loved your white EF you had as a avatar!

Should have stated first off probably round the 1-2k mark and the lower the engine size the better was looking for the 1.3 16v carb EG and its meant to have the lightest shell which is good, cant really get anything like a B16 or B18 yet but all the 1.5 seem to be decent for insurance.

Love that Black EF especially! i found this one im gonna have a look at soon hopefully...

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3921224.htm

Kind of off topic you should have a read at these man quite intresting for a Honda fan.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/osaka-jdm-kanjo-civic/
http://www.speedhunters.com/2011/10/car_feature_gt_gt_osaka_jdm_honda_crx/
http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/06/osaka-jdm-shop-tour/

Would love those Mugen CF-48's on a EF
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My one was a bucket of rusty shite But god I loved it anyway! Tbh, for £2,000 you will get an EG VTi. But for that you'll struggle to get a clean EE/EF9 unfortunately Why would you prefer to start off with a smaller engine? Transplant in the future? That EG does look purposeful tbh! As long as the arches are as said and not bad. Because they can go from bubbling to rotted really quite quickly!

Love small bits of each of the EF9 and the CRX HATE Chargespeed spoilers though and not too keen on the CRX front bumper. But side profile is mint
JamesMc

21st Jun 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah was going to get a smaller engine one to focus on handling modifications and then use a underpowered car as i dont want to jump straight into becoming a trackday warrior with loads of power and not knowing what to do with it, then upgrade the engine once insurance isnt going to rape me fucking hate not having enough NCB!

Mate at work has been teaching me MIG welding with a bit of TIG so would be ideal too have something too tinker with anyway if i could get an EF would definetly be like the red one wouldnt mind a CRX in that shape either imo.

Thanks for the links too seen some i want already http://www.ek9.org/forum/cars-sale/49395-mugen-jtcc-ef9.html

White one was a beast! is she still being driven?

[Edited on 21-06-2012 by JamesMc]
midlandvauxhalls

21st Jun 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.3 egs are a bit of a pain if you plan on doing a conversion later on, i have a 1.3 dx which i have just done a h22 swap in,fuel tank, lines and interia loom all need changing
Eck
Premium Member

21st Jun 12 at 20:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a good idea to start off like that really! But a VTi is a docile enough car when standard tbh

I wouldn't mind another EE/EF myself tbh Any of the 4th Gen shape are fucking lovely That JTCC one is screaming at me to buy it after I split my Jordan So tempted by my mates EE9 as well. Sounds and goes well! So many nice cars for sale on ek9

Nah the white one is currently sitting in many many bits Only thing that was of any value was the CTR engine really.
JamesMc

21st Jun 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

@MidlandsVauxhall, not too fussed if its difficult everything is a learning curve at the end of the day thanks though

Shame it got split really yeah anything below 1.5 is ideal for me imo speed isnt the deciding factor for me really as i dont have much choice in the matter, not gonna rush myself into one gonna just keep saving up till i find the right one really.

Buy the JTCC one as well ill Paypal you 10 internet cool points if you man up older the better i swear people criticise me for not liking anything new, AE86 hopefully next!
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The chassis was rotten to the core on the EE9 mate Could see where I was parking through the 3/4 panel Even the 1.5's are nippy enough tbh. There's LOADS of cheap 1.5's that come up on Autotrader

Temptation is there to get the JTCC one and go Kanjo style But at the same time I want an ek9 to turbocharge now. I think
Aleex

22nd Jun 12 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My friend is selling a EG LSI with a JDM Integra Engine and box and running gear, so LSD etc as standard. conversion is fine but the cars a but rough round the edges and needs some TLC so it would probably be a good base. Go on eBay and search civic eg integra conversion.

I've owned my EK9 type R for 3 months and it's by far the best car I've ever had, 185bhp from a 1.6 NA. So much fun
Aleex

22nd Jun 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's still registered as an LSI aswell :-)

And if you didn't know, the engine is a b18 - 1.8 NA = 195bhp standard.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 12:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That'll be a B18c (or as its widely known) Alex. 200ps/197bhp. With uk cars making 187bhp (b18c5). Will be a quick car tbh! Can't wait to start a new Vtec project! Far too fucking addictive

[Edited on 22-06-2012 by Eck]
Aleex

22nd Jun 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

B18CR ? Here is the eBay number if you want a peak, all stripped out to - 180911481983
McWillster

22nd Jun 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to have an EG SiR, B16A (168hp) Engine, Skunk2 Inlet manifold, Whales penis, Jasma Mugen 4-2-1 inlet manifold, Mugen S/S stright through exhaust.

Used to go like shit off a shovel.
Had GAZ coilies and poly bushed all round.
Was such a fun car to drive, very chuckable and very responsive.

Drank oil and fuel though... And insurance for it being an SiR was stingy!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a civic the other week. It's amazing. Walnut dash. Sunshine roof. AC

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Robin
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still need to scratch the EG itch.
JamesMc

22nd Jun 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never thought about looking on autotrader for a 1.5 cheers Eck, sounds like your old EE was like the Flintstones car

If anyone has any pictures they want to share feel free any inspiration is good!

Ill check the ebay link Aleex i know somone else intrested in Civic's too i like your EK too they are lovely motors too.

Aleex

22nd Jun 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JamesMc
I never thought about looking on autotrader for a 1.5 cheers Eck, sounds like your old EE was like the Flintstones car

If anyone has any pictures they want to share feel free any inspiration is good!

Ill check the ebay link Aleex i know somone else intrested in Civic's too i like your EK too they are lovely motors too.

thats the bugger - tbh you could probably split it and get as much money

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180911481983?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D180911481983%26_rdc%3D1#ht_754wt_1413

and thanks mate
midlandvauxhalls

22nd Jun 12 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some silly power, mega quick civics local to me,

thats just over 600bhp, still 1.6, runs 10s in road trim!

thats still in progress, excpecting four figures when complete!

[Edited on 22-06-2012 by midlandvauxhalls]
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Aleex
B18CR ? Here is the eBay number if you want a peak, all stripped out to - 180911481983

Yeah also known as that 200ps. Cracking engine
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jun 12 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by McWillster
Used to have an EG SiR, B16A (168hp) Engine, Skunk2 Inlet manifold, Whales penis, Jasma Mugen 4-2-1 inlet manifold, Mugen S/S stright through exhaust.

Used to go like shit off a shovel.
Had GAZ coilies and poly bushed all round.
Was such a fun car to drive, very chuckable and very responsive.

Drank oil and fuel though... And insurance for it being an SiR was stingy!

Sounds ace. Would love an eg SiR! Wouldn't be shy that

I'm not 100% sure on my next plan. Had 310bhp in the Jordan and it was fun but they are far too heavy
Maybe getting my hands on a Jun built engine shortly for a big n/a spec motor
JamesMc

22nd Jun 12 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You guys are making me all moist with all these engines i cant have...

Whatever you guys get post it! Done a quote on a MK2 Golf GTi ad thats insanely cheap too insure so now im in to minds still want a Civic more imo.
midlandvauxhalls

23rd Jun 12 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

civic over golf anyday, they never get boring to drive, revving to 9k+ puts a smile on my face everytime,
this is mine, sleeper at the min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wAY-0pendA&feature=youtu.be
Robin
Premium Member

23rd Jun 12 at 14:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is there a build thread for the one with the green cam cover?
midlandvauxhalls

23rd Jun 12 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no mate, its been being built over the past 2 years at a mates rolling road, was running last year, made not far off 700 on less than 1 bar iirc, but ran into a few problems and it sort of took a back seat for a while, all sorted now though and is being mapped next week

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Honda Civics EF/EG. 23 database queries in 0.0151021 seconds