corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike license

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Motorbike license
22B

User status: Offline
26th Jun 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi thought I would ask on here as a few people seem to know the game, just wondering what is needed to have a full bike licence entitlement.

Im 26 and passed my driving test in 2003, so am I right in thinking I need to do a CBT test, a theory test and then I can go and do my Cat A on an unrestricted bike?

Ive read on the directgov website that the test is now split into 2 parts, onroad and offroad, anyone know much about this?

Thanks
tom130691
Premium Member

26th Jun 12 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are correct with the cbt ect

there is two parts to the test,
part A is figure of 8s ect in a car park making sure your capable to go on the road,

you then book the second part which is riding around roads being followed by the examiner
22B

26th Jun 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

part A is figure of 8s ect in a car park making sure your capable to go on the road,

you then book the second part which is riding around roads being followed by the examiner

when you say part a is that cbt or are you talking about the cat a unrestricted access test?
Matt L

26th Jun 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was looking into this the a few weeks back, can either got, cbt > theory > part a + b = restricted for 2 years or the direct access route which is the same but on a 500cc bike instead then you can get what ever bike you want.
22B

26th Jun 12 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt L
I was looking into this the a few weeks back, can either got, cbt > theory > part a + b = restricted for 2 years or the direct access route which is the same but on a 500cc bike instead then you can get what ever bike you want.

Im not really interested in a fast road bike, I just need the license for competing in off road enduros, but may as well get the unrestricted access while I do it.
gazza808

27th Jun 12 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691

Mine where booked morning and afternoon on the same day,

Piss easy it was dunno why I didn't do it sooner.

Lucky your at the age the new ruling won't really affect you in jan,
timmsy21

27th Jun 12 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New ruling?

Was thinking about taking mine next year, so am i right in saying anyone over a certain age will be fine even after the new ruling?
gazza808

27th Jun 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Over 24/25 to take direct access from next year,
And even when you take restricted test and serve your time you have to take another test still,

I'm on my phone so can't copy it all in, but basically it's shite.
tom130691
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gazza808
Over 24/25 to take direct access from next year,
And even when you take restricted test and serve your time you have to take another test still,

I'm on my phone so can't copy it all in, but basically it's shite.

this is true which is why intend to get mine done this year now im 21 get direct access now
timmsy21

28th Jun 12 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh thats ok then. So if your under that age you have to do the other one first once the new ruling comes in what a pile o shite
RichR
Premium Member

28th Jun 12 at 09:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This new ruling doesn't affect you if you've already passed presumably?

I did my restricted bike test in September 2009; in theory as of September 2011 I am now unrestricted even though I've not ridden on the road in that time - I can see why they want to change the loopholes because I could go out and jump on a 1098 Ducati now and be legal. Fair enough, I've probably done more miles offroad than most people do on road but still the case stands that I could literally go from the CG125 that I took my test on to a superbike with a 2year+ gap between
richc

28th Jun 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
This new ruling doesn't affect you if you've already passed presumably?

I did my restricted bike test in September 2009; in theory as of September 2011 I am now unrestricted even though I've not ridden on the road in that time - I can see why they want to change the loopholes because I could go out and jump on a 1098 Ducati now and be legal. Fair enough, I've probably done more miles offroad than most people do on road but still the case stands that I could literally go from the CG125 that I took my test on to a superbike with a 2year+ gap between

But where do you stop? Monitor how many miles the bike has done in their posession? People would then get someone else to ride it to clock up the miles? So then you you would need a taco? People would then fiddle them etc......

It is one of them things that you just need an eliment of trust and 'realism'. We cant always think of people as being complelty stupid, and because of the small majority of them, wrap every rider in cotton wool.

I understand what you are saying though, and im in the very same posistion although I did my test in April 09

[Edited on 28-06-2012 by richc]
Welsh Dan

28th Jun 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They keep changing the rules for the motorbike test, its only going to affect the genuine and sensible people, idiots will find a way around it and scrotes are still going to ride stolen ones.
Russ

29th Jun 12 at 07:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Death traps. Avoid.
sand-eel

29th Jun 12 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personally think there should be a better car test to stop 17yo wanks crashing within a week!
Lee_fr200

29th Jun 12 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree, the car test should be at least 21, seen 4 cars this week tht have been bumped by lads between 17-19
AlunJ

30th Jun 12 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sand-eel
I personally think there should be a better car test to stop 17yo wanks crashing within a week!

exactly i'm not sure how it's any different from passing your test in a 1.0 corsa at 17 then going out and buying a 4.4 X5 or something, granted you probably wouldn't get the insurance

[Edited on 30-06-2012 by AlunJ]
J100RSA

30th Jun 12 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
Death traps. Avoid.

clueless car driver shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
RichR
Premium Member

1st Jul 12 at 10:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iirc, Russ doesn't have a car, only a bike
AlunJ

1st Jul 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
quote:
Death traps. Avoid.

Russ is a biker
Russ

1st Jul 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlunJ
quote:
Originally posted by J100RSA
quote:
Death traps. Avoid.

Russ is a biker
correct, and unfortunately, clueless car drivers are the reason they are death traps
AlunJ

2nd Jul 12 at 07:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

True enough, my mum got knocked off twice by idiot car drivers, suffered brain damage the second time hence she hasn't ridden since.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Motorbike license 22 database queries in 0.0177062 seconds