corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ECU remap - South East London/Kent - Any Recommendations ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ECU remap - South East London/Kent - Any Recommendations ?
Sunz

User status: Offline
30th Jun 12 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well basically I would like a remap done for the Megane dCi, new it was 120bhp and 230nm, MPG isn't that great at the moment either. :/

I have looked on Google for places around my location but couldn't really find anything.

F1Moto/DriftMoto aren't too far away but they mainly deal in bikes, NOS and high end stuff.

Just wanted to know if people have had a remap on their ecu and went to somewhere around South East London or Kent/Biggin Hill ways and would recommend where they went to with some contact details.

Thanks.
John

30th Jun 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Better sorting out what is causing the bad MPG first. Are these not supposed to be amazing for that?
Sunz

30th Jun 12 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a 1.9 dCi 1200kg doing town driving.

Highest I've had is 35mpg, I expected a bit more then that, 35/40 really but it's been as low as 28mpg !!!

I don't ever take it above 2k rpm, normally change gear @ 1500 rpm.

It's meant to get 50mpg maximum but I can't see it doing that, obviously motorway driving, I have done some.

From what I've read 30/35 mpg is almost normal for them in town.

[Edited on 30-06-2012 by Sunz]
Brett
Premium Member

30th Jun 12 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have a try typing remap into ebay then sticking your postcode in and limiting the range to how far you're willing to travel.
Cole

30th Jun 12 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Warren might be able to do it
John

30th Jun 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's rubbish, could have had a decent VAG or even a vauxhall that would do more than that around town and have more bhp.
corsatdi

1st Jul 12 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
Warren might be able to do it
Warren G

1st Jul 12 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

+30BHP +50NM

Located ME12
Sunz

1st Jul 12 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
+30BHP +50NM

Located ME12

Do you have a price ? Any info if the map would lower/higher mpg?

Probably not something easy to answer but need to ask.
Warren G

1st Jul 12 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You will see better fuel consumption typically 10-30%

Remap is £275
Sunz

1st Jul 12 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
That's rubbish, could have had a decent VAG or even a vauxhall that would do more than that around town and have more bhp.

I didn't want something huge and didn't want a Corsa (hate the way they handle) so that put Vauxhall out of the picture for me, Astra up to around the 04 plate is a ugly car I think also.

Now VAG cars are also quite boring to look out, expensive to buy, yeah the engines do very good MPG but they don't have any models that appeal to me.

Probably would have liked a Seat Leon or Ibiza Tdi but for the price of £1900 the Megane seemed a good option, it was a lot cheaper to insure and I won't use it that much, under 5000 miles a year.

Just want to explore the options and see if MPG can be improved, people say they get 50mpg on the motorway, 6th gear 70mph but then down to 30MPG around town.

Sunz

1st Jul 12 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Have a try typing remap into ebay then sticking your postcode in and limiting the range to how far you're willing to travel.

Thanks for this.

quote:
Originally posted by Warren G
You will see better fuel consumption typically 10-30%

Remap is £275

Thanks for the information.

I will look around, see what's "more" local if there is anything decent and keep you in mind.
StuartVRS

1st Jul 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sanspeed in bexleyheath, never used them myself but heard some good things about them.
Sunz

2nd Jul 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by StuartVRS
Sanspeed in bexleyheath, never used them myself but heard some good things about them.

Thanks for this but they seem really expensive, they want £350.

I did a little trip last night, it was about a 5 minute drive, went from 19.9 mpg to 37.9, I think if I had taken it on a longer trip it would be in to the 40s easy enough.
I noticed it still calculates the MPG when I'm not moving, I.E stuck in traffic or at a set of traffic lights, typically it would lose about .1 of an MPG every 5 seconds off of the average MPG for that trip, so I think it's not doing as badly as I feared, just the fact there is so much traffic here and you aren't moving a lot of the time.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ECU remap - South East London/Kent - Any Recommendations ? 22 database queries in 0.0121341 seconds