corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Replacement driving licence questions........

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacement driving licence questions........
Corsa_Sport21

User status: Offline
20th Jul 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need some help here, heads up my arse and its confusing the fuck out of me.

Basically, need to know what forms i need to fill out, and if its going to cost me for all the seperate things that need changed, or just 1 payment seeing as it all kind of falls in with each other 1 way or another.

My driving licence needs renewed (10 years old), i have lost the paper part, and i need to change my address as moved house......2 years ago lol. Also have a TT99 on it which will need removed ( over the 4 years period now).

So what parts do i all need to fill out, and how much monies will it cost.

[Edited on 20-07-2012 by Corsa_Sport21]
Whittie

20th Jul 12 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Motoringtransactions/BeforeyouapplyC/DG_066944

I'd change address first, TT99 will come off, then when that arrives sort out your new photo and send it off. DVLA are shit so if you try do both at the same time, they'll probably ban you by accident or something.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've literally just done mine the other day online.

IIRC you can't do it online if you need to renew the photo.

I'd lost my card and counter part and also moved addresses a few times since I last had it. Just needed my Passport number and a few details to find me on the system, then simply entered the new address, paid £20 and it should be here within 14days.
Whittie

20th Jul 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure i've never paid for one. I literally have like 4 kicking around aswell.
Corsa_Sport21

20th Jul 12 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a passport so looks like i will need to do it via the forms at the P.O.

Best bet will be to start off with the photo renewal, and just fill it out with new address, and request a new paper part. Surely they will remove the TT99 at the same time seeing as its due to come off anyway.
John

20th Jul 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was changing address and renewing at the same time, still had to pay to renew.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lol was behind the door when i got home just now, 3days, gotta be a record.
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 14:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One thing tho, says it's only valid till 2015? Thought it was longer.
whitter45

20th Jul 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change of address is free online and no need to send your old driving license

they take your photo from your passort as they have access to the database - you need to rpovide your passport number and they update the photo to your current passort
whitter45

20th Jul 12 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its expired you will have to pay though for a renewal - thinks its £20
Corsa_Sport21

20th Jul 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't have a passport so will grab the forms.

So all i will need to do is send away for a renewal, and also pay for a replacement paper part. And at that time they will also change the address.

Knowing DVLA, they will want to charge me for that also, even though they are having to make me a new 1 anyway, which i will already be paying for.
whitter45

20th Jul 12 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

change of address is free - just done this when i moved

So you will only be charged for renewal
Brett
Premium Member

20th Jul 12 at 16:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My picture wasn't changed to the passport one. It's the same one from the old license which was issued before my passport?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Replacement driving licence questions........ 22 database queries in 0.0114489 seconds