corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alpine headunits with an iPod connection?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alpine headunits with an iPod connection?
Norcy91

User status: Offline
   26th Jul 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, the Mini i've just bought came with an Alpine headunit (not sure on the model), and it has the iPod wire already connected.

I tried using it for the first time today, plugged my iPhone in and it just started playing the first track that'd be in the 'Songs' playlist, so basically all the music i have Is there a way to go through playlist menus etc? I've tried pressing most of the buttons but haven't worked it out so far! About to go back out again to see what i can do

I'll update with the model number when i come back in
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go on the iPhone press play on the artist/playlist you want then connect the iPhone then it will go through that.

There might be another way but in true man style I didn't read the instructions

[Edited on 26-07-2012 by Darryl H]

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
andy_mk3

26th Jul 12 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On my alpine head unit, there's a button with a magnifying glass on it, press that and you can select albums artists playlists etc
Norcy91

26th Jul 12 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't seen any buttons like that on mine haha, i forgot to look at the model number when i went out, i'll try finding a pictures to put up of it!
Mertin

28th Jul 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the alpine head unit have ipod control? If it has then usually it will have the magnifying glass as a search button and use the volume to scroll through.
Maybe you just have to use the ipod intself to skip songs and choose playlists
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Managing to slowly work out what i'm doing with it even managed to go through the playlists yesterday!
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

28th Jul 12 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to have one in my old Corsa, if you get a pic up and it's similar, I've got the manual here, I could get some pics of the appropriate pages.
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Mike! I'll probably go out in a bit and do that, need some pictures of the car to put on here anyway
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Photo of the headunit:

Worked out how to go through the playlists using the headunit, not had chance to play around trying to search for artists etc though!
Eck
Premium Member

28th Jul 12 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep your finger on the settings/setup button, go to AUX + and turn it off. Then you should be able to use your iPod to go through all the playlists, artists, songs etc. I've got a different headunit but my Alpine one had the same grief
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just realised i could have taken a better picture that actaully shows whats on the buttons
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

28th Jul 12 at 12:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a bit different to mine.

If you press the either the up or down button to the right of the volume knob, does that bring up Playlist? If so, and if it works in the same kind of way that mine does, you can press them again to scroll through Playlist>Artist>Album. When you get to the option you want, leave it a few seconds then it accepts that option and brings up your next set of options whether it be playlist, artist or album names. Turn the volume knob to scroll those options then press the volume knob to select, that brings up the song titles then again, turn to scroll, press to select and it'll start playing.

Hope that helps.
Norcy91

28th Jul 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for that Mike, i'll have another play around with it all in a bit, i like new toys but only when i can work out how to use them!
3CorsaMeal

29th Jul 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just go to page 20 on this

http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/fileadmin/user_upload/manuals/history_products/CDA-9851R/OM_CDA-9851R_EN.pdf

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Alpine headunits with an iPod connection? 23 database queries in 0.0066240 seconds